What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trip to triangle lake bog

• Thread starter Ozzy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    bog
Ok, did we want others to meet us at the greenhouse or the bog?

You guys always visit such good spots. Your'e going to be in my old stomping grounds. I went to Kent State and I know the area your going to very well except for the bog/fen, I wasn't into CPs in college. Women, beer, .... but not CPs.

I would go too but I will be salmon fishing on the west coast of Michigan.

Please post pictures.

Have fun!

I wish you could make it too, Glen. Maybe next time.

I think the greenhouse will be easier for everybody to find. Or maybe we should meet closer to the 76/44 intersection so everybody can meet up a little easier.

cool nick!
so we're on for meeting at the green house? or should we go for the restaruant?

1pm is cool.

i plan on meeting everyone there.

also, i just checked the weather, and there is a 40% chance of rain/thunderstorms. i bought my rain jacket tonight...
who all has cell phones?

brian

hey guys- well my work is screwing with me - i was never told i have to work saturday- but it wouldn't suprise me if i showed up tomorrow and they told me to go home cause they want me to work saturday. but as of right now- where is this greenhouse...... i will be taking I-76 from my house - and no i don't have a cell phone and i'm coming alone. if someone could give me the full address including the zipcode then i could mapquest the greenhouse and get there easy. Jeff

If I uderstand Nick right , the Greenhouse is very near the intersection of Sandy Lake rd and 44. I think if you get to the intersection then you will be able to find the greenhouse. Get Nicks input before taking my word for it though.

Unfortunately, I do not have the full address of the greenhouse/nursery. However, it is on Route 44 if you head north of I-76. If you come to Sandy Lake Road off of Route 44, you have passed the greenhouse.

The above map with the colored dots shows the location of the greenhouse in blue and the restaurant in yellow. The intersection near the restaurant is that of Sandy Lake Road and Route 44.

Also, shall we put something on our radio antennas on our cars so it will be easier to spot each other when we get there? Say a white flag or rag tied to it?

Hey! Brian!

Thanks for the info on my mistake. Please note that it is NOT Shady Lake Road, IT IS Sandy Lake Road. I keep doing this for some reason. I will be correcting my posts.

Wilson Road is what I also believe the greenhouse to be on. It should be on the north west corner of the intersection of Route 44 and Wilson Road.

This bog trip was excellent. Although not everyone who wanted to go could attend. Mark, Brian, and I were able to make the trip. The bog was easy to find once we obtained the aerial photo of the bog and roads.

Triangle Bog has been the best bog to visit to date. This is probably one of the least disturbed bogs in Ohio and it shows.

Please note that nothing was removed from the bog. The only things we took with us are digital photos and memories.

Some Images of the Bog:
TriangleLakeBog.jpg

TriangleLakeBog1.jpg

TriangleLakeBog2.jpg

Sarracenia purpurea ssp. purpurea:
S_purpurea_triangle_closeups.jpg

S_purpurea_triangle_berries1.jpg

This is the first time I have ever seen cranberries growing.

S_purpurea_traingle_water.jpg

S_purpurea_triangle_deep_purple.jpg

S_purpurea_triangle_seedpod1.jpg

S_purpurea_seedpod_seeds.jpg

Drosera rotundifolia:
D_rotundifolia_triangle.jpg

Back