What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trip to triangle lake bog

• Thread starter Ozzy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    bog

Ozzy

SirKristoff is a poopiehead
Staff member
Supporter
I just want to let everybody know that the ECPS is planning a trip to Triangle Lake Bog Saturday Sept 27th. Everybody's welcome to attend.

Info on Triangle Lake Bog

<a href="http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?zoom=11&mapdata=lZfCwkldBIyzc4jHIuKx9cNxc9J63kGBlweuQRJMzkWCW8YTPvZb%2fWKpIcTmpwTwoZEjxXO3vi6seHZNhAQPhEWDFulTFSWUSq1qOJoqGzh5tnQ1F2FPrEyHEeSToloHKnbmpiXjZJYry
%2bUY7p1Al65c5FFoqRmgxo6JGnQGcu2GuuMz4o5%2fcXsG7512%2bDTJ%2fbmDqrIw5ITM9bfWff7u3Q1i3gWoFEiyJWtlDlxXrnLRB57ghaFFBAG9tse2gaXxL0J1lG83Viw%3d" target="_blank">Pic of Triangle Lake Bog</a>

If you're interested in joining us contact me or Nickhubbel.

Thanks

hey! hopefully, i will be able to make this bog trip! i posted something about it on another cp message board i frequent. hopefully, the few ohio members that are on that board will decide to join us!

peace,
techno.....

Good idea Brian, I think I'll post it on the listserv.
I'll either get blasted or ignored as usual.
sad.gif

I've been a member there for about 4 years so I'm use to their typical response. Maybe there will be a member close by that will decide to go.

Not sure what car I will drive, choice of: car in need of a tune-up as it gets 10mpg instead of 25mpg, or car that looses power and just coasts down the road an backwards down the hill at times. Probably a fuel filter, but I had to drop the gas tank to replace it. Fun fun.

Well, either way, my plates will be either "Flytrap" or "Sundew" depending on what I end up taking. Just in case we miss eachother at first.

i just got an email from fred (from the other forum). sounds like he's in, as long as he doesn't have to work. i gave him the link here, but i am unsure as to weather or not he has read it... i'll keep him updated if he hasn't.

peace,
brian

Ok, now I took a trip to see this bog last weekend. I did not find it. Seeing the map that Ozzy posted, I know exactly where it is. I drove by the road several times, it is not marked as to having a bog. There is a house down the road and makes it appear that its a private drive. I drove by that at least 5 times. Argh!

hey kids!
any one have an idea for a meeting time and or place?

peace,
technoracer

I may meet Ozzy at his place for the trip. However, there is a small greenhouse just South of Sandy Lake Road that can also be a meeting area. I will have to use mapquest to find the building, but it could be a good spot as its on Highway 44. The very next road is Sandy Lake Road.

theres a good idea technoracer - since i live in youngstown now where near you guys but 40mins for summit racing- but not familiar with the city of akron.

Jeff

Here are some ideas. Jeff and Brian (and Brians friend from Garden web) I think it will best for you guys to meet us at the bog or closeby like at the greenhouse Nick mentioned. Nick you can meet here at my house, I think Doug will meet here too, but I haven't talked to him about it yet. Doug you live on the way there so, we may even be able to pick you up. Nick, Doug and me can ride together, and we can chip in for gas. I've invited Buckeye but I havn't heard from him yet.

Here's the kicker, instead of going to the bog my wife wants to ask your wife, Nick, to go shopping
wow.gif
. Can you believe that? Instead of seeing cp's in the wild she wants to go shopping. I think she wants to ask Sunni to go to a flea market. So It may just be us guys. Let me know what Sunni wants to do.
Next we need to decide a time.
Let me know what you guys think about this plan?
Since it'll be just us guys, we can stop by the bar on the way home. SHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
tounge.gif

hey brian- mark has a good idea- let me know what you come up with.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">hey brian- mark has a good idea- let me know what you come up with.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Do you mean the bar?
biggrin.gif

One more thing I forgot. If you have a cell phone and you plane to attend pm me with your number and I'll send you mine. That way if one of us is late or something happens we can let everybody else know.

Hi all, I am Fred from the gardenweb forums. Weather yesterday got me a bit behind, but I'll try to get it made up so I can make the trip too. Please post a meeting time so I can try to plan my schedule.

Thanks!

As of right now we are planning on meeting near the bog at 1pm.
If this changes it'll be posted.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">there is a small greenhouse just South of Sandy Lake Road that can also be a meeting area.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

i'm thinking that this might be the way to go, since none of us have been to this bog (except for you nick&#33
wink.gif
. that way, we can have nick lead the way!

nick: any idea what the name of that greenhouse is?

peace,
brian
aka: technoracer

I have been trying to find the name of that greenhouse for a couple days. At the moment, I cannot try calling around as I have laryngitis.

I am planning on meeting Ozzy at his house. Not sure if I will be driving everyone, or if we will go in separate cars. I know brian probably wont be going to Ozzy's house.

If you look on a map, you will see where 76 and 44 cross. The greenhouse is just north of this crossing and just before Sandy Lake Road. Its located on the north side of the road and looks somewhat run down ( also known as a Mom and Pop Greenhouse ). I should mention it's more of a nursery than a greenhouse, although there is one on attached to the main building.

Here is an aerial photo of where we will meet. However, I have not been able to locate the greenhouse right off. However, if you look at the map , you will see a cleared section of dirt just past the intersection of 44 and Sandy Lake Road. This is were there is now a restaruant. There is still a section that is field dirt.

Aerial Map

Ok, I have located what I believe to be the greenhouse/nursery and the location of the restaraunt. I have marked the greenhouse/nursery with a blue dot and the location of the restaraunt with a yellow dot.

AerialMapTriangleMeetDots.jpg

Nick I plan on riding with you there. I'm sure Doug will do the same. That way we can split the gas 3 ways.

Back