What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Preserving sarracenia pitchers....

Hello,
Is there a way to preserve sarracenia pitchers after you cut them off when the plant goes into dormancy? My mom is dying of the thought of cutting off the beautiful 20" pitchers and seeing them rot! Is there like a seal to spray on the pitchers preserve the pitchers? (or one that I can make?) thanks,
Spec73
smile.gif

Spec, get some perlite. place the pitcher into a bucket pore the perlite around and into the pitcher. let it sit for a week or 2. i was told this works for preserving pitchers but, have not try it yet myself.

sounds just like drying a flower!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (GEORGE-CP @ Dec. 07 2002,3:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Spec, get some perlite. place the pitcher into a bucket pore the perlite around and into the pitcher. let it sit for a week or 2. i was told this works for preserving pitchers but, have not try it yet myself.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
I have heard that you can do the same with sand

Back