What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The savage garden

FlytrapGurl

apple rings.. what more can i say?
I ordered The Savage Garden by Peter D'Amato yesterday at the library! YAY!!!
biggrin.gif
I can't wait until they call and say ''It's here''!

I can't wait!
FTG

I love that book. It spends more time at my house than at the library!

I have the book too!!! I loved it, And I bookmarked some of the pages... Wait I bookmarked all of them... It gave me some nice tips and it inspired me to try to grow and propagate some of my plants.... It's a good buy...

I just got three books from the library about growing and caring for cp's, but it sounds as if "The Savage Garden" is sort of the bible for cp growers? I'll have to see if I can get that one. Thanks for the review.

cpwitch

That book is awesome
smile.gif
Thanks Flytrapgurl for posting about it in here. Its definately required reading for anyone who is interested in CPs. The info is invaluable, and its just packed full of awesome full color pics. I can see now that its going to be near the top of my Christmas list this year hehe
smile.gif

Steve

IT'S IN! IT'S INNNNN!!! The girl called up today and said it's in and I can come get it by the 9th!!! WOOWOO!!! ***dances around like an idiot***

I met Peter D'Amato last weekend at California Carnivores.  He's a nice guy with a very large collection of CP's.  The trip ended up pretty expensive though, but my plant collection got much bigger  
smile.gif

As for the book.  I like the pictures.

Did I mention I'm new here?

Cheers!
Chris

<span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:27pt;line-height:100%'>WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!</span></span>

Stopping at Borders today before our 4th picnic. I called them and they have this book.
tounge.gif

OO OO! OO OO! I got it! I GOT IT!!! I've already read all the way up to the Sarracenia section!!! I found out several things: ''self-watering'' pots do not keep the soil moist enough for CPs(I'm very GLAD I discovered that! I was planing on putting my VFT seedlings it one of those! BAD me!!! ), and I found out that it's actually very easy to grow VFTs from a leaf cutting! WOOHOO! ***dances around like an idiot***

Congrats! That is a great book. Sounds like you are loving it already!
smile.gif
biggrin.gif

Travis

Actually that self watering pot deal is working very good for My S. purpurea subsp. venosa. I will post apicture of it tommorow.

I'm planning on using a different type of big pot to put all of the seedlings in, but I CAN'T FIND ANY HUGE TRAYS BIG ENOUGH TO PUT UNDER A HUGE POT!!! ***pants in exhaustion***

If you have a place that does a fish fry business near you, ask if they will give/sell you the containers that they get the fish in. I got 15 of these bins which are stablilized plastic (unlike clothing storage bins) for a buck apiece. They are 5 inches deep and will hold about a dozen 4 inch pots.

Oooooooooooooooooooo...... NICE PURP!!!!

Back