What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tall people make higher income

• Thread starter buckeye
  • Start date
Hi everyone!  I just read a report that says the taller you are the more money you make.  They said a person earns an average of $789 per extra inch.  So a 6 ft tall person would make $5,523 more per year than someone 5'3".  This is really good news for me since I’m 6' 5".  
smile.gif

-buckeye

Heh, yeah, I read that on CNN. Not fair!

I feel like amputating some legs.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (jhaluska @ Oct. 20 2003,4:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I feel like amputating some legs.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Someone sounds bitter.
wink.gif

Maybe you should try that eggshell water?
biggrin.gif

Well THAT explains things... I'm only 5'2".
confused.gif

have you got a link to it on the web, by any chance?

It'll make some friends of mine laugh... (and a few angry)

Cheers

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well THAT explains things...  I'm only 5'2".[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
It's ok, you're still a lot NICER than a lot of tall people I know.
rolleyes.gif

Okay, but is there a different beginning height, for better income, for men and women.  Such as the average male stands 5'10" and the average female 5'3".  Would then a male 5'10" make an equivalent salary to a female 5'3".  Hmmmmm.  This requires more study.  

But then you must include race and enviroment into issue....Hmmmmm.  After all the average height of an Asian male is a couple inches shorter than the average height of the American male...Hmmmmmm. Therefore, does the Asian male of average Asian height make the equivalent salary to an American male of the average American Hieght...Hmmmmm.

We could test.  I am a police officer in a state were the pay is close to the worse in the nation for that job.  Plantakiss, I am two inches taller than you, therefore I should be making $1578 more than you...Hmmmmm.  Nevermind, it would just blow the theory.
sad.gif

tounge.gif

wink.gif

rolleyes.gif

Just in case some of you have not figured it out, sometimes I work hard to be a pain in the caboose.

As requested jacko,
Click here for the story
I personally am not going to comment.
*Goes to the store to buy the Extra Inches Insoles*
J/K, I actually am decently tall, I just had to say that, but if I did that, I could be a billionare...Hey buckeye, are you listening?
rolleyes.gif
tounge.gif
wow.gif
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
alien.gif

I found it interesting when I read it. Anyway I'm 6'2".
smile.gif

I am 5' 9", I am not wealthy, and probably never will be. That is all right though, I love my life, where I'm living, and what I do
biggrin.gif

Hello,
14 1/2 years of age and stand at a 5'6''. It seems that I'm gaining a inch every 3 months....and my dads side of the family is all in the 6 ft. hmmmm.....lol

i'm 13 years young and i am 5' 9" and i don't get alot of money , i wodner who thought of this theory , i think is has lots to do with stereotyping rather then research
confused.gif

You tall kids just simmer down!
mad.gif

grumble grumble 5' 7 1/2 " grumble grumble
sad.gif
mad.gif

Wife is 5' 1" Oh, well...there go my dreams of being a stay-at-home dad...
wow.gif
wow.gif

(to play with the plants, of course!
wink.gif
)

Schloaty, the martial arts thing works well for us short, fast people. (and evil tempers..comes from the neck cramps caused by looking up all the time)

My son, over 6 feet at 15 years, starts to say something about "shorty" and either turns and runs or bites the ground. Got to keep those tall people in line ya know.

I'm 14 1/2 and stand in at 5' 7 & 3/4 ''. Woohooo! I beat out Schloaty by 1/4 of an inch!

SF

Well I'm 6'5" and I'd hardly say that I'm rolling in cash.

No one come chopping off my legs because I am 6' 3".
wow.gif
wink.gif

Travis

SF, did you see Copper's post just above yours?

And you still want to gloat over me?
wow.gif
wow.gif

You have gutts, I'll give you that!!
wink.gif

Copper, don't you just LOVE canceling someone's height when they least expect it? The look on their face is just priceless....
rolleyes.gif

I have heard that the smaller they are, the meaner, is that true? Of course I have also heard that the bigger they are the harder they fall...tee hee *great*

Travis

Back