What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Green little plants

i have no idea what they are but some of the plants that i have ordered come with these little green plants with like little droplets of water on them, they've come with all my plants. What are they?
Kevin
confused.gif

Sounds like a sundew. Can you post a photo?

I vote for common sundew. Long thin leaves with water drops on the ends of small hairs right?

joe

no, they are nothing like a sundew or even a c/p, they are very small grass/weed looking plant, i would post a pic, but i dont know how, so its definetly NOT a c/p!!!!!
Kevin

It could be Utricularia subulata (a terrestrial bladderwort). This small plant is a common weed in CPs and the long, thin flower stalks often produce tiny drops of 'glue', presumably to protect the flowers from small insects. Dig about in the pot, if it's U. subulata, you should see the non-photosynthetic stolons (white/translucent, root-like) and tiny bladders. There should also be small, green, leaf-like stolons on the surface of the pot as well.

Vic

Maybe someone here will know...
smile.gif

you sure that isn't live sphagnum?

if it has long grasslike leaves, with dew all along them, it could be drosera filiformis (thread-leaf sundew).

I f ALL your plants came with this stuff, I'd vote for live long-fiber sphagnum moss. It is often used as the substrate or packing material to send live plants because of its moisture content. Or perhaps it is another type of moss. If you are getting some kind of CP with your other plants, I'd say...lucky you! (I did get a "gift with purchase" last summer...bought a pot of s. psittacina and found a sundew in the pot!...I was thrilled.)
smile.gif

A pic would be good if possible.

Suzanne

Back