What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Guess what

• Thread starter Guest
  • Start date
G

I've just started studying karate with Mr. Tanaka, here in Anchorage Alaska. He's supposed to be really good, and placed third in some martial arts tournament. Anyway, I figure you guys may know more about this guy than I do. Exactly what am I getting myself into
confused.gif
?

Yeah I know him Nathaniel, he used to own a shop down the road from my apartment in Kofu, Yamanashi ken.
Thing I remember most about him was he sold beer in 5 litre cans that had this nifty little plastic dragon's head spout where the beer used to come out of the dragon's mouth. Finished off about 3 a week in the good ol days.

Tanaka is Japanese for "Smith".
Or it would be if there was a "th" sound in the Japanese alphabet!

Troy.

Well, does anyone else know anything about him? I fyou do, please speak up
mad.gif

Um, sorry about that. I was kind of in a bad mood
biggrin.gif
. Like I said, if you know anything, please feel free to speak
smile.gif

hmm.. where is the gym at exactly, does he teach in a gym that is used for ju jitsu? I don't remember his name but I did take lessons in a shop that was used by several instructors for various arts.

joe

Nathaniel,

Does he have a website? I'd say do some more research on him and his lineage of martial art. It's important that you find this out because the last thing you want is to learn from someone who watches a video and teaches it the next day in class (believe me I've seen my share of hoaxes).

Charles

Well, like I said, he's renowned for his martial arts abilities. I researched him on the web a couple of days ago, and I found a lot of stuff about him.

Nathaniel,

What is your Sensei's full name?

Back