What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cp id tag

NickHubbell

It’s a trap!
Here is a simple CP ID tag I came up with. If anyone has any suggestions for addtions, they are welcome. Hope someone finds this usefull.

CPIDTag.gif

[edit 6/6/2003]

Scroll down for newer version.

What about name of first carer and how long it was cared for by them

If it is doing good or not
or even if it was rescued from lowes or nersery that was killing it

Excellent idea Nick! The only thing that I think is missing is maybe a "Note" area to write special information, like Gender of the plant, or anything else. I'll print out a few of these once I find a machine for laminating paper. Thanks a bunch!

Joel

Very good idea Nick.
Only thing I can think to add is a line for subspecies and for varities.

Yeah i need to get my printer working and go up to my post net to laminate them to put on all of my neps
I HAVE TWO

That's a great idea. You could put them into a business card program, and print them on business card paper.

How about a line for what YOU name the plant? Like "Little Snacker" or whatever?

this is great, nick! I'll print out a hundred of them, but first, you should put a blank line beside 'other'.
smile.gif

-Spec

I will do some testing for a business card sized tag. It may just be as simple as reducing the font size a bit. I had planed on printing mine out on card stock and just cutting them out.

That's a very nice tag, Nick. I've recently realized the importance of keeping all that information about my plants, too.

What i do is keep a spreadsheet with data about each plant, how much i paid, how many i've propagated, what date, etc. It's not really necessary to use a spreadsheet for this, of course, but i have one for my Handera PDA that works well. A database would be better, but i haven't taken the time to find one for my Handera.

By assigning each plant a unique number, you can just put a small tag in the pot itself, and look up the details when you need them. I've recently found a relatively conservation-minded way to label my plants that i'm happy with: i cut out label spikes from the flat sides of plastic milk cartons, and write on them with a small permanent marker.

Back