What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

biggest trap size ever recorded

• Thread starter gazmo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    fly
Status
Not open for further replies.
dose any one know the lagest size ever recorded of a trap or a venus fly trap and where can I get a photo?

Well, there is mention that it belongs to our own Mike King and there is a photo here

Oh, WELCOME TO THE FORUMS
smile.gif
smile.gif

i got one trap that is now just dying off and it was nearly 2 inches in length,in fact it caught a large wasp on the last time it open to catch something.i will try in the future if i have another trap that big to get a pic of it with a ruler next to it..besides i didnt know in the past that my nearly 2 inch trap was close to a record..

Well this isn't trap size or anything, but I have a double trap forming on my VFT.

That photo of the vft trap looks like its topping out at 1.75 inches, or is that a metric ruler he's using?
tounge.gif

I believe Richard had one that was 3 inches
wow.gif

I have also heard of them getting up to 3" but I personally havent seen one .....yet
wink.gif

It had to be Audrey 2's traps in the movie Little Shop of Horrors
Lol, no just joking but my plant once had a 1.5 inch trap. It once caught a moth and was dying so I cut off the trap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back