What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I can't figure out this darn thing! I opened a free website with geocities for pics, and posted the avatar pic on there I wanted. I linked to it, but it only seems to work if I pay the homepage a visit first! Any suggestions?
mad.gif

It is my understanding that you can't use geocities in this manner, ie show photos on another site or use images for avatars etc.
Tony

I checked that out, but it looks like they require digital photo. I don't have a digital camera.
sad.gif

Pardon me, how did you get your picture on geocities but can not get it on photo club? Are you tring to post a picture off the web and on to the avatar? If that is the case just left click your mouse and go to properties then copy the URL. Put the URL where the avator thingy is. I am sort of lost but you explain a little better I will try to help
wink.gif
smile.gif

travis

Hi Travis!
That is what I tried to do. I opened an account with geocities, created a blank html file with only the avatar pic I wanted to use, then viewed properties on the graphic and copied and pasted as you said. When I left the puter and came back, I logged into the forum again and my avatar was not working. Until I went back to my homepage and back again. I didn't have to re-copy or anything...I just went there and came back here, and it worked!
The I went to that other site as mentioned and signed up. I didn't try to upload a pic or anything there yet, I just did some reading there and noticed it seems to be focused on digital photos. But come to think of it, the photo has to be saved somewhere right? So uploading a pic off my hard drive should work just fine....
wow.gif

I can't figure out how clubphoto works? I attmepted to drag and drop my photos, but it only shows one at a time. Does it only support one pic at a time or am I missing something?
confused.gif

So, it is not a digital camera picture? If it is a digital camera you can use clubphoto. If it is webpage picture it will not work on clubphoto. Try using another avator and see if that works.
I would left click your mouse and get the URL. Copy it and put it in you avator box. Make sure you are able to use there website without conflicting with copywrite laws (just in case you did not know). Some site offer free stuff - if you use a search engine you should be able to find something. It should look something like this:

http://w w w .bestanimations.com/Cartoons/Simpsons/Itchy-01.gif

Actually you may be able to use clubphoto for it I just have not tried. I would a different one and see if you can get any pitucre on the avator to work. Then go from there.

hope that helps,
travis

Thanks Travis, it might! I already have photos saved on my hard drive. I either scan them or use images on my video camera to save onto the hard drive. So I was just attempting to drag and drop .jpg and .gif files into my "photo album" on club photo. I have been to some free graphic sites, but the ones I have been to so far don't allow you to link directly to the graphics on their site. They want you to dowload them to your hard drive. But I'll look around again, and see if I can't find a site that'll let me do that! Thanks
wink.gif

On Club Photo, find where it says add photos to my album and then it will give the option of uploading up to 5 photos. Click on 'Browse' next to one of the slots and find the photo on your hard drive. It will then upload and you can view your album. Click on the photo you want to use and then right click, select properties and drag over the web address so it turns dark grey. Press Ctrl - C and then paste into the avatar section of Petflytrap by pressing Ctrl - V.

Congrats!!! I see your avatar! Looks good.

travis
smile.gif
wink.gif

Thanks, now I find out clubphoto won't be supporting this feature on their free service!
mad.gif

Boy, this ain't gonna be easy!
smile.gif

That's a really cute avatar, too.
smile.gif
.  Seems like when you get things figured out, they decide to change the rules.  I suppose it keeps life interesting.
wink.gif

smile.gif

Wooooo...THE POWER OF PICTURES BABY!!!        I have had the trial version for months so far. Nothing has expired yet. hehehe, maybe they do not know how to count...watch my free trail gets cancelled tomorrow.

Nice Plants,
travis
Great, wouldnt you know I posted this yesterday in the Neps forum under "A few pics again...:)" and the free trial version get axed...
confused.gif

travis

Back