Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Digital Camera Recommendations?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    actually, the coolpix 5000 was going for 350 just a few months ago... I wish I had had the money then... the price has jumped up considerably... most are now in the 6 to 700 dollar range.

I did do research on the sellers, they all had great feedback, and it was just to wide spread to be a fluke with grey market, industry wide prices were between 350 and 500.

one went on Ebay the other night with ALL the lenses and accessories for 1000 dollars, now, considering all the lenses alone are probably worth that... sheeshh...

but I assure you, the cameras were brand new, in box, and not grey market. the best price I had found was a place called Alien Photo.
    \"Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: \"Mankind\". Basically, it\'s made up of two separate words - \"mank\" and \"ind\". What do these words mean ? It\'s a mystery, and that\'s why so is mankind.\" ~ Jack Handey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, Since the camera bug entered my system and I contracted new camera fever I have taken the plunge and purchased a new Nikon Coolpix 4500. Focuses down less than an inch... I like that. So anyway, I'm getting rid of my Coolpix 800 and wanted to make it available to forum members prior to putting it on the open market. Anyone interested please PM me.

Can't wait to get my new camera. I'll be taking a lot of pictures cause I can't afford to eat.
    There's a tunnel at the end of the light...

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am in the market for a new camera myself and my research has landed me on the Nikon 5000.

I currently have an Olympus D400Z which is a good camera but I have found the drawbacks to be lack of macro ability (no closer than 8") and also difficulty focusing on single isolated subjects and also in low light conditions. Which is why I now want a better camera.

The Nikons have a good rep for macro photography.

I have only see the Nikon 5000 at its lowest...around $600. I believe the retail value is $1,200.

Suzanne
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123