What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help

Hi
i have been growing Cp's for about 4-5 months and i have had some problems with keeping some plants alive in my terrium and out
i water with distiled when i can but mostly with
reverse osmosis (thats probebly spelled wrong but oh well)
the plants that have died where 3 VFT seedling & two pygme drosera from cook's(the 2 Drosera's where in the ter and the VFT's where just in a pot in water)
some D."lake badgerup(i think) and some other drosera's that i had grown from seed(also in the ter
and a two store bought VFT(one in the ter and one in a pot)
the soil i used was 1 -2 parts peat and 1 part sand
the reason i am asking besides wanting to keep my plants alive is that i have 3 Nep's and 2 VFT's that where store bought that are growing just fine and i have hear that store bought(like at home depot/walmart) are not very good and yet the ones i got grew better that the one i got from cook's(and are eating all my cackroches :)
can anyone help me please?
LMK
Enoc22
rolleyes.gif

P.S. i only have one drosera that is just barley staying alive ine ter

i wonder if it could be the sand in your soil mixture...
might be the problem.
just a guess really...

peace,
technoracer

Seedlings seem to be a little more touchy that established plants. That's probably why the seedlings are dieing.

One think I've noticed about cp's from Lowes, Home Depot, ect. are that they seem to be alot tougher than plants that have been grown in ideal conditions. Plants that have been kept in ideal conditions seem to be less able to adapt to less than perfect conditions then those that have been struggling to survive. When I buy a plant from Lowes ect, It seems to grow very fast and get bigger in a shorter period of time.

Ahhh yes.. the Venus Roach Trap... gotta love em.

I second what Ozzy said, but would like to ask a question. Are the plants that are dieing just keeling over or is it a slow decline? Also any fungus or other odd occurances?

Hi
sorry for being so long
they die slowly just turning yelloy them brown
LMK
Enoc22

Back