What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The amber forest prehistory book

Having run out of Nepenthes monographs to spend my hard earned money on, I've had to turn to other natural history books to cure my reading addiction.

I just picked up an interesting looking book today. It's written by a pair of biologists (George and Roberta Poinar) who've spent some time studying Dominican Amber and have attempted to present a view of Hispaniolas ancient tropical forest flora and smaller families of fauna (insects and lower vertebrates). All somewhat theoretical I suppose but it looks like it could be an interesting read.

Has anyone else seen this book yet?

What is your latest book?

since i'm a charlie chaplin fan i picked up " charles chaplin , my autobiography " if you thought that this guy was just a clown with a mustache and cane that made pople laugh then think again . his life is way more intereting then kicking a guy in his rear , he is from england , he lived a very poor and poverty life , his mother was insane , he was jewish , his dad divorced her giving charlies family tons of hardships , his father died because of drinking porbalems when charles was just a young boy , he had 4 wives , 3 which divorced him and 1 that married him when he was an old man , he had children even when he was an old man , he has step brother , he had 14 children , he was banned from america , he looked entiryl differnt when he took of his costume ( the mustache , baggy pants , and cane )and he made 81 films . very interesting also this books talks about the things that happened in eras such as the mc carthy era , the great depression and world war 2 and also talks about the famous people back in the past such as douglas fairbanks and william randouldh hearst . very interesting book , considering that a 13 year old kid read it . a book i considered reading was harry potter and the order of the phoenix , i recieved it a couple weks ago but never got to reading it because i wasnted to finish the charles chaplin book .

Back