What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I saw a rare drosera!

I just got back from visiting a bog in Wisconsin and I was able to get a look at D. linereas...the woman I was with....I met her on the trail and she was doing a butterfly survey and I tagged along...pointed it out to me....occurding to her this colony is only one of 12 growing in N. America....it was pretty cool!!!
By the way...does anyone know where I can get some D. rotundifilia that is hardy to northern winters...I want to put some in my bog garden and let them overwinter...

WHAT?!?!? No pictures?!
smile.gif

Sorry no pictures and anyway I have no way of posting them on the web...it was a pretty cool encounter with this lady...We were on our way out of the bog when we happened upon her.... I asked her what she was up to and she told me of the butterfly survey and then I told her of my interest in CPs. She then said by the way do you want to see a rare Drosera....she knew a lot about bog ecology and she gave us a personal walking tour of the bog pointign this and that and giving us ethnobotanical values to the plants......It was amazing....

Back