What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Misting outdoors

• Thread starter rapture
  • Start date

rapture

BANNED
Does anyone know an affordable way to setup an automatic misting system outdoors? It would just be for a small patio.

I do! I do!

I'm a landscape contractor, and hooking up irrigation systems is what I do all day. If you have an electrical plug and a source of water and a budget of 150 dollars we can get started. If you're in a state that has a Green Mark wholesalers I can probably arrainge for you to use my account which will save you about 50% on parts.

That would work but you could also make the system out of cheap misting parts from home depot, and then use one of those cheap garden hose sprinkler timers from walmart to turn it on and off. Not as nice as Tim's suggestion but cheaper.

joe

Thanks for the offer Tim. Yeah, whatever is the cheapest and works is ok for me. I'll go to some home improvement stores this weekend and see what I can do. I'll keep your offer in mind Tim
smile.gif
. Thanks.

hook a hose and sprinkler up to the sink?  
tounge.gif
ofcourse if you are watering CPs this is a horrible idea
wink.gif

Actually it is a horrible idea never mind
biggrin.gif

Hmm, I was thinking regular tap water wouldn't be too bad for nepenthes if it's just to wet the foliage. I could be wrong though.

Back