What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Water

• Thread starter PlantAKiss
  • Start date

PlantAKiss

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, Engl
Hi

I just recently bought an old galvanized tub at an estate sale. I was wondering if anyone knows if a metal/galvanize tub would contaminate rain water. I wouldn't want to use the rain water on my CPs if something bad leaches into the water.

Suzanne

Galvanized metals have a thin coat of zinc around them, to protect them from rust. The zinc will oxidize, but the iron or steel under it won't. I don't know if oxidized zinc is sloluble in water though.

Jœl

Just line it with a trash bag  
biggrin.gif

Edit: Oh, and yes, the minerals eventually get into the water because of weathering, if you live on a farm, you learn this quickly
wink.gif

I tryed line things with a trash bag did it ever work NOOOOOOOOOOOO lol the water allways found a way to leak and the trash bag was allwas floting on the top.

Its one of them things that sounds like it will work but never dose like one year I tryed to make a pond useing some cheap 6 mil painters cover it looked great the first day but then the next morn the 6 mil was floting on top and there was nothing but mud water under it.

biggrin.gif

_-West-_

Back