What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reverse osmose watering system.

Hi all,

I am thinking of buying a Reverse Osmose watering unit, I saw one in Holland for 139 Euro's (that's the same amount of money in dollars). Page of RO unit, look at the Shuttle 60

Anyone got a tip about these watering units? What's important to ask? It produces 2.5 dm3 (liters)/hour.

Greets,

Marco

Can't tell much from the picture, nor can I read the language. What I find is import is the size of the holding tank. It should have about a 10 liter holding tank to be convenient.

joe

Yeah and it will also take a day to produce that too.
That looks like the standard 10gpd unit they sell over here in the US If 139 is the same in US then Id say its kinda high, those usually sell over here for around a hundred dollars.
Id suggest at least a 3 stage(Prefilter, Carbon block, R/O Membrane) unit, what your loking at there is a two stage(Prefilter, R/O Membrane).
biggrin.gif

Hi!

Thanks for your reply, I will wait and buy RO water at our nature-store (biological grocery), not too expensive, and try to find a cheaper (second hand) RO-system.

Greets,

Marco

Hi,
You can get good deals on RO (or RODI) units on ebay. I got my 5 stage RODI on ebay for 150 including shipping. Works great.

Back