What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Orchid hunter on nova

I've been waiting months to see this show after reading about it on the American Orchid Society homepage. It aired  tonight 11/26 on the show NOVA on public television in the USA but in the UK over a year ago. It shows them out traveling the jungles and the story of a guy who wants to name a plant after his grandmother.
It was a pretty good show, I just wish they would come out with Nep Hunter! Perhaps Borneo & Fatboy could make a documentary I know I'd definately buy a tape of it!

biggrin.gif

I found out about the show a few days ago and watched it yesterday with excitement
biggrin.gif
Boy, that dude is irritating, I was happy to find out he failed in discovering a new species. Nep Hunter would be so much more interesting (to us anyways).

I agree with Larry, he was rather irritating. I was especially annoyed when he cut down the ceologyne (probably spelled wrong) orchid, knowing it was a common species. I don't see what use they could have had for cutting the entire plant down.

Back