What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thank you for the terrarium advice

Hello! Thanks to everyone who helped me build my (first
smile.gif
) terrarium! It's a 15 gallon, with a CPU fan, one growlight, (gets supplemental light in the daytime) and an ultrasonic humidifier. Inside I've currently got cephalotus, live sphagnum moss, n. ventricosa, n. bicalcarata, n. truncata, d. binata, d. binata giant. No decor yet....

happytank.jpg

looks great! Your plants look nice and healthy... and I like how you just stuck that heat sink right to the frickin glass!
smile.gif

any of you guys with glass tanks...

anyone ever rubbed the inside down with NOFOG to keep condensation off the front glass? I have always wanted to try... but my tank is acrylic...
sad.gif

Haven't tried the no fog stuff, but I think I will. I have some stuff that is similar, I just have to find it. My plants are healthy 'cause I grew them on the windowsill, but I'm really afraid for them now! The bulb looks too "cold" to me (GE Chroma 50), nothing like what they're used to getting. Still, the ventricosa is too big for the windowsill, so I tough luck for it, I will have to update everyone in a few weeks.

I was thinking about sticking the heatsink onto the side of a pot with the clips, but it was positioned better right above the humidifier.

Back