What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

California governor

• Thread starter FinnishKid
  • Start date
I've decided to run for Governor of California!
I'm number 248 on the ballot.
Vote for FinnishKid!
smile.gif

I've been voting for Donald Duck for California Govenor for the last 13 years.... I also vote for Al Bundy for President...
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

Steve

to bad i'm too young to vote
mad.gif
, although if you make grey davis go away then count me in , lol . i hope you wil make a law to stop poaching of cps in califoprnia but i have one question , are you serious .

LOL Holden!
biggrin.gif

Personally I'd vote for Gary Coleman or Gallagher if I lived in CA. But I am open to BRIBES! What kinda CPs ya got??? hehehe

I'm very serious! I'm going to San Jose in two weeks to campaign
smile.gif

PaK, I have a surprisingly larger grow list than earlier this year... I've had a successful trading season
wink.gif
So what cp would you like for your vote?

When I take my rightful place in the Governor's Mansion, which of course I'm going to relocate to the coast ( duh! ) I'm going to make nepenthes the new California cash crop.

Look out for Ah-nuld! Wow, that's pretty cool. Well, I can't really help ya too much way over here in NY....
Good luck! (if you're not pulling our legs...)

I would vote but I live in Michigan. Plus, Greg Davis is a Big Bag Of Air!

Your profile Location says Seattle, Washington... How does that work?
rolleyes.gif
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
alien.gif
wow.gif

So, what is your real name besides Finnishkid? If I ever hear you in the news in Michigan I will tell you.

Travis

Oh, sorry...
confused.gif
tounge.gif
wow.gif
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
alien.gif
GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif

Ditto on what Travis asked.

Also what's your platform?
tounge.gif
I'll miss being able to vote by some 40 days but am following the election quite closely anyhow, and would love to know.
smile.gif

take care,

-noah

His first name is holden... see PAKs post
confused.gif
rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
alien.gif

GOOD LUCK!!
smile.gif

Don't be fooled.  This whole recall is a mere distraction from the real problems that face our nation.  What is more troubling is that this affair is a mere 2 1/2 years after tens of thousands of African-Americans in Florida were illegally denied their right to vote by Jeb Bush, Katherine Harris and their cronies at Choicepoint (Choicepoint admitted guilt in court to this in suit brought by the NAACP).  

Now we have a select few wealthy grumps who couldn't win a legitimate election mobilizing a witch hunt against G. davis who was elected with a 5% lead over his opponent.  The budget crisis here stems from two things (and none of them is G. Davis) 1. The rabid tax cuts that Lt. Col Bush showers on his elite friends.  State tax revenues are directly tied to the amount of tax that the Federal Gov't collects.  You may be paying less Fed Payroll tax...but wait till your state raises taxes to make up for the shortfall.  2.  The energy crisis cooked up by Enron and others that robbed the state of billions and rubberstamped by FERC.

Whatever your political affiliation, it is essential to realize that these types of shenanigans are the same sort that the founding fathers warned of...the usurptation of democracy by economic and financial intrests.  

This state is in a serious budget crisis...the deficit is larger than the operating budgets of all the other states except New York.  With crumbling schools, record unemployment, tuition rates going through the roof, and an economy in the toliet..this state can't afford $70 million on another attempt to steal an election.  None of these canidates can rescue the state from its current predicament...only compound it.

It may seem funny to those of you who live out of the state...but it really is warning.  Stolen elections will be coming to a state near you.

I'll get off my soapbox now and prune some ivy!

Damon

i think finish is pulin` our legs doesn`t it cost $10,000 to run i think he would spend it on cps instead!

It costs more than 10,000 to run for office. I think the whole recall is a big waste and Davis should finish his term. Gooo Democrats!!

Yes, I am in fact just teasing. I'm from California and most of my family lives there, so we're always talking about it. And I do believe that the recall election is a DISASTER. More money than is available will be spent on this recall and the results will be more disastrous than the waste of money needed to get there. Gray Davis should be allowed to finish his term. God help us if Arnold is elected! ...talk about puppets!
That's politics though, and some folk will do whatever they can do get what they want.
mad.gif

Hi All,

I truly wonder what it will take to wake up the American people to the dangerous nature of the new right wing religion based Republican Party. First, they try to remove Clinton from office over a sexual act and only stop after several of them had to resign for sexual issues, along with poll after poll that said the American people could care less. (All that time and money they wasted for their own selfish unethical political goals.) Then they disenfranchise black voters in Florida and steal the election by appointment by the Supreme Court. Then they declare war because of known weapons of mass destruction which remain unseen. Then they chase the Democratic members of the Texas Legislature out of the state twice in an attempt to stack the redistricting cards so mostly Republicans can only be "elected" and even try to get the Justice Dept. (Federal Gov't) to arrest the Texas lawmakers so to suit their political and Party ends. Then they fund a recall election in California to overturn a fair election so they can hopefully use it to sneak into office amidst the circus. We won't even talk about tax cuts for millionaires, the EPA, Social Security, mixing of church and state and all the rest. We have become a right wing "banana republic" in the last 3 years only we just use money and influence to stage coups rather than the military and guns. In the 1930's they said, 'When Fascism comes to America they will call it Americanism."
Ralph Nader said there was no difference between the Parties -- boy, was he dead wrong!!!! There is a Universe of difference. We are beginning to see what the rest of the world has known for centuries. When you allow a tiny percentage of the people to control more and more of the wealth (power) -- as has happened in America since 1981 -- and only worry about what is good for the leaders and owners of big business, what you get is what you see happening all around us here today.
I bet the Blackout was due to deregulation and all the labor cuts it allowed (celebrated&#33
wink.gif
so as to increase profits for shareholders. Although, for 2 days, all they have talked about on TV is terrorists, terrorists, terrorists -- as if that can explain everything that happens!

Bobby

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I bet the Blackout was due to deregulation and all the labor cuts it allowed (celebrated! so as to increase profits for shareholders.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Actually the blackout was caused by an old power grid.  If the liberal EPA environmentalists would have allowed the government to upgrade the grid then the blackout probably would not have happened.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">We won't even talk about tax cuts for millionaires, the EPA, Social Security, mixing of church and state and all the rest.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Why shouldn't the millionaires get the biggest tax cut when they pay they pay by far the most taxes?  I don't understand why someone who doesn't pay any taxes should get free money from the government.

Social security was a flop because it was a pyramid system.  There's suppose to be as many people paying in to it as it is paying out.  But soon more people will be collecting than people paying in.  This could be due to less population growth from birth control and abortion or it could just be the fact that people don't want to have as many kids anymore.  It is not the Republican’s fault.  By the way, Social Security was started by a Democrat named  Franklin D. Roosevelt.

Separation of church and state is made up from a letter written by Thomas Jefferson.  His intent was that the government would be separate from the church, not the church be separate from the government.  He simply didn't want the government to take control of the church or religion.  That's all there is to it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Then they chase the Democratic members of the Texas Legislature out of the state twice in an attempt to stack the redistricting cards so mostly Republicans can only be "elected" and even try to get the Justice Dept. (Federal Gov't) to arrest the Texas lawmakers so to suit their political and Party ends.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

The democrat left the state so they wouldn't have to vote.  The Republicans didn't "chase" them out.  The republicans wanted the Texas Rangers (not the Fed. gov't) to round up the democrats and bring them back so they could actually get some work done.  The Democrats are also stalling Congress in an attempt to block all of the Bush Administration judges.  Courts all over the US are extremely backed up due to there being such a shortage of judges.  Republicans, under clinton's leadership, would ok judges as long as they were qualified and weren't too liberal.  But the democrats won't even allow qualified very moderate republicans to be judges.

By the way, if clinton had done his job 9/11 might never have happened.  Clinton should have taken out Al-Qaeda and Osama when they attacked the USS Cole on 10/12/2000.  But being a draft dodger himself he wouldn’t want any conflict, so we did nothing.  But you'd never hear that on our liberal national news.

-buckeye

Back