What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sea monkeys or triops

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I have had a few sets, my favorite is the ghostly galleon (from FAO Schwartz) with the glow in the dark sunken ship and little light up top.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Is FAO Schwartz that giant toy store in NY?? I've always wanted to see it!! I heard on TV that it has a special room for people with lots 'o money. Everything in there's really expensive. I heard you can even buy a personal ATM that's stocked regularly with money!! The money you withdrawal from it still comes from your bank account but you have the convenience of doing it in your own home.  And you get all of this for a mere $20 grand!!!  
biggrin.gif

-buckeye

Oh, I just found out triops get their name from the fact they have 3 eyes. Makes sense.

-buckeye

Hi,

I wonder if some of the sea monkeys might not be fairy shrimp. Fairy shrimp are freshwater, grow to be almost an inch long, lay eggs that need drying and look exactly like a great big brine shrimp. Hmmmmmm
rolleyes.gif

Bobby
tounge.gif

PS Newly hatched baby brine shrimp are the best way to feed the little guys to fish as long as the fish are small even to eat them. You'd be surprised though, 4 inch swordtails will carefully eat the tiny tiny tiny little brine shrimps even over live adult brine shrimps. The brine shrimp have the most nutrition in their first 12 hours of life.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (buckeye @ Sep. 26 2003,09:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Oh, I just found out triops get their name from the fact they have 3 eyes. Makes sense.

-buckeye[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
I noticed that too, I'm taking latin lessons, and "Tri" means three, and I'm guessing "ops" means eyes. Three eyes
alien.gif

Well i just got some triops eggs at wal-mart. For some reason they were in the fish food section. I also bought a small plastic 1 gal. tank. I put the eggs in the water in the tank at around 2 pm yesterday. The instructions say it takes between 18 and 30 hrs. to hatch. It's been about 20 hrs. and so far nothing. I hope they hatch!!

-buckeye

I got mine at walmart in the fish food section too. I got them on monday. And now they are half an inch long each (I have two, they ate all the smaller ones.) I put them in a 1 gallon aquarium with a lightfixture and they hatached in 27 hours. neat..

How much do they cost at waly world?

At any place, triop packets should not be over 3 dollars, and the kit that comes with the flimsy plastic tank should be no more than 5 dollars. The delux kit with a sturdy 1 1/2 gallon tank and a ton of accessories should be no more than 20 dollars.
biggrin.gif
Sea monkeys wiht tanks should be about 9 dollars. delux sea monkeys kits should be no more than 14 dollars.

just my 2 cents

alien.gif

-Spec

The one i got had eggs, food and water conditioner and it cost around $3. Last night i saw 2 had hatched and then this afternoon i counted over 15!!! I'm going to have a lot of mouths to feed!!!

-buckeye

if anyone still wants triops, i could trade you the eggs for some cp seeds. in my offer, i am including:
eggs
food
nutrition pack
instructions (email them to you)

email me at yangzongyi@hotmail.com

i will accept any seeds other than:
vft typical
vft dentate
nepenthes tobica  
n. ventricosa "red"
n. sanguinea  
n. rafflesia  
sarracenia purpurea ssp. venosa  
s. wrigglyana
darlingtonia
drosea capensis alba
d. capensis typical  
d. intermedia  
d. binata  
d. sphathulata hybrids  
d. roundifolia
D. burkeana  
D. dielsiana  
pinguicula lustanica  
cephalotus
i will take anything else. email me for details
smile.gif
. Zongyi
(maybe this should go in the trades topic, but since this is about triops, i think i would post it here)

Back