What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

new grower!

• Thread starter bun
  • Start date
  • Tags
    fly
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bun

i just purchased a v.t.f. and i was wondering is there anything else besides fly i can feed my venus? my room doesn't have alot of flies flying around. thanx

Bun,

WELCOME  
smile.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif

Don't worry about your room not having enough flies, in nature these guys will eat anything small enough to fit in their traps.

That said, you should probably not go feeding you plant right this minute. First is to make sure you are growing it right, if you do that then it will probably catch what it needs on its own.

So, for all you VFT needs ask anyone here in the VFT sub-forum
smile.gif
 Also visit http://www.sarracenia.com/faq.html and consider picking up a copy of 'The Savage Garden' by Peter D'Amato.

Hope you have fun with this little guy

Pyro

Hello and welcome to the forums!!
biggrin.gif

When you feed your plant make sure the bugs are 1/3 the size of the trap. I'd wait a week so that it gets over the shock of being transported and moved to a different enviroment other wise it may not digest its food propperly and the traps will turn black.

You can go to the pet store and pick up some crickets or if your plant isnt that big yet they also should have flightless fruitflies.

I am going to move this over to the venus flytrap discussions for you now incase anybody wants to add to my advice
wink.gif

Oh and feel free to check out some of the old posts there's alot of good pointers that have been posted
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back