What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Here are some photos I've taken with my new digital camera. I still need some practice but I think they came out ok.

2.jpg

S. x excellens

3.jpg

S. x farnhamii

4.jpg

S. psittacina (upright, green form)

5.jpg

?S. x wriglyana x flava possibly

6.jpg

D. californica

7.jpg

S. x catesbaei x minor

8.jpg

S. x 'Dixie Lace'

9.jpg

10.jpg

VFT Blood Red

11.jpg

1/2 a greenhouse of sleeping plants

My favourite photos: S. leucophylla:

1.jpg

12.jpg

alvin
great looking blood red
id like one of them
is that the same one under your name on cpuk

Those are great pics, dude!
biggrin.gif

Alvin if I may ask you, what resolution are you using and how do you get your pictures so nice and compact? What is the pixel height and width? Thanks!

Thanks schloaty:)
AK47 - the plant in my CPUK avatar is a fine tooth x red, which is very similar but has spines which are more triangular. I would take a photo of that but the traps all closed when it turned cold a couple of weeks ago.

Nepenthes - I took them at 1600x1200 pixels at 72dpi. I then reduced the size to 25% in Photoshop and adjusted the contrast curve. I've then cropped them widthways, but the height is still the same, apart from the last one. I think I reduced that one to 33%.

ok alvin
i was wondering why it was not in dormancy the fine tooth x red
both are beautiful
biggrin.gif

wish i could get some off of you but all that red tape crap
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

HI alvin thansk for the info! BTW what is dpi?

I like! specially S. x wriglyana x flava possibly? is grand!
smile.gif

DPI stands for dots per inch. For internet use your pictures should be 72dpi and for printing they should be 200-300dpi.

Thanks weser - it looks much better in summer though when it turns a lot more white. There's a photo on my website.

I've got 2 more photos! Sorry if you are on 56k (like me&#33
wink.gif

Spooky.jpg

A spooky photo!

Top.jpg

Leuco from above. I've found that I get better pictures in brighter daylight with no flash. The first ones were done in the rain with the flash.

Wow! Spooky photo is way cool! Just sent it to my wife....I'm waiting to hear the scream!
wink.gif

Back