What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Isadore...

• Thread starter Dyflam
  • Start date
Get ready guys... this could be a lot of rain (and some wind). I wish you the best and hope it turns out to be "not much". You definitely won't be needing rain water for a while.

Buy 4 or 5 trash cans and make use of the water!
smile.gif
It will save you some money! And best of luck to you all in Isadore's path.

Looks like the hurricane is heading toward the New Orleans area and Texas will miss most of it. May feel a little bit of the effects on the cost of Texas.

travis

I think that we will get the 'trash back lash' of the bands.

The weather people keep changing their minds on where it is to go....

I am just trying to finish my patio deck so I can have a hurricane party!!!
smile.gif

I am sure the keg won't fly away ( unless it's empty! )

You are not a man/woman until you have been through a hurricane!!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

AIN'T SCARED!!

...that's one way to go. (drinking)   hehe yeah, mee too.  although i think i will stay clear anyway. (unless you want to invite me to your party!&#33
wink.gif
)  i am confident everything will go fine.  and your party (hurricane or not) will be great!
andrew

Gee.. I kinda wish I could see a hurricane. We don't get them up here.. just earthquakes.. looots of earthquakes.. and an occasional tsunami .. huge forest fires.. avalanches..
No hurricanes..
confused.gif

guess I'll never be a "real" woman *laughter*
biggrin.gif

Were is my airplane ticket to New Orleans so I can start being "real man"...hehehehe
wink.gif
k/d

The only thing in MI we have to worry about are wind storms that knock down trees. That is about it for sevre weather. Party like it is 1999!!!

travis

I've been through 3 hurricanes so far, and I can tell you that having one go over your house is a pretty cool experience. I'm not all for hurricanes, but just seeing trees tipping over and branches flying through the air is really cool. The only things that you have to look out for are 1) never ride out the storm in a wooden house and 2) stock up on plenty of chef boyardi. I'd also recommend a generator for when the lights go out, that way you'll be able to at least play a videogame or chat on the internet while the hurricane is doing it's thing.

Jœl

wow.gif
I'v lived through a few up here in NY (yes, they get up here occasionally). When I was a <stupid> kid, I used to climb up trees to the highest branch. Hey, it was fun to get blown around....like an amusement park ride!

Jeff:
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I am sure the keg won't fly away ( unless it's empty! )

You are not a man/woman until you have been through a hurricane!!

AIN'T SCARED!!
[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

We GOTTA party! he he

Well,

No isadore....

But we now have Lili
smile.gif

I think that she is to go through LA as well....so that means no Hurricane party...

But I still have the Keg!
wink.gif

I say we have a party for the hurricane not coming through. Then we can have another one for Lili not coming through the next day.
smile.gif

I was hit harder by Isadore than someone in the south? Thats funny... My plants got more water than yours! Mleeeeeh
tounge.gif

Jeff, I haven't been invited ta drink, c'mon!!!

I got to experience a hurricane at the Outer Banks once. I loved it! Me and my friend kept going out on the deck to feel the wind. It was like having buckets of water thrown in your face. And the rain was being driven so hard it came squirting in thru the window sills and under the front door. The house was swaying and the cable TV went dead. All we had was a radio to keep contact with what was going on. The traffic was bumper to bumper with people trying to leave. When the eye moved over us, we went down to beach. It was beautiful in a wicked way. But the sand was driving so hard it hurt so we had to leave. The next day, the sun came out and it was sunny and beautiful. Hard to believe a hurricane had just passed. We caught the edge of hurricane Fran in Richmond...lots of damage. But we are too far inland to get hurricanes to often...usually we just get a little wind and rain.

I'm going to the Outer Banks on Thursday and unfortunately it looks like Lili will be making it a soggy trip.
sad.gif

Suzanne

Back