What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

jungle pots revisited

ok i got my terrarium today,and all my sundews and set them up.i remember rampuppy saying to put wax paper over the top to create moisture inside so the sundews would get droplets.in a house where would be a good place to put this at??? and any more info would be of major help.and i must say that the setup was a breeze thanks to phil and co
smile.gif

Hi CPS

I think you'd be better off using some type of plastic wrap (like Seran or Glad) because it will "stick" better to the top. Wax paper will just blowor slide off. But don't forget to leave a little space open for air...air circulation will help ward off molds and fungus. Personally, I get a sheet of glass cut for my terrariums. Its easy to take on and off. I have a round terrarium also and I got a round piece of glass cut. But plastic wrap will work too. And it won't cut you (as I look at the cut on my hand....) lol

What sundews did you get?
smile.gif

Suzanne

A small piece of plexiglass would also work.

Careful about giving it too much sun as temperatures can get very high very fast in a small terrarium.
Tony

And that boys and girls is why I have my 2 Merrilliana's in a small terrarium.
smile.gif

i got 13 plants total and most are adelae and spathulata,but i have them not in my front window but out of direct rays of the sun.so you say i should use saran rap eh ok il try that too.also there is condendation building up inside,little water droplets forming is this good???

Back