What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yesterday it was 75 degrees and very sunny, today it is 54 degrees, very cloudy, and lots of rain. What better way to cheer yourself up on a rainy day than to take cp pics?
biggrin.gif

Finally caught my drosera spatulata in flower:
Image01.jpg

Utricularia Sandersonii flower:
Image02.jpg

Veiw from the side:

Image03.jpg

Pic of unknown Pygmy Drosera flower:
Image04.jpg

First Heliamphora pitcher of the season!
Image07.jpg

Nepenthes maxima waiting for the next unfortunate insect to crawl by:
Image08.jpg

Nepenthes alata pitcher opening for buisness:
Image10.jpg

Giant Drosera capensis!
Capensis.jpg

Drosera filliformis comeing out of dormancy:
Image12.jpg

Great pics! How did you get that Capensis so big? NICE.

I love that plant, weed or not!
biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (schloaty @ April 01 2003,1:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Great pics!  How did you get that Capensis so big?  NICE.

I love that plant, weed or not!
biggrin.gif
[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Thanks for the complement.
biggrin.gif

It was about 3 inches in diameter when i got it. It flowered when it was 4 inches. All i needed was one flower stalk, just one! I pollonated, and alot of the seed scattered in alot of my other pots. It looked cool at first, lots of babies in all of the pots, but babies don'y stay babies forever
wink.gif
tounge.gif
They got <span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'>Bigger</span>, and <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Bigger</span>, and <span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>Bigger</span> ...
wow.gif
I had to start plucking them out and getting more pots for the babies. well, that got annoying, so I started clipping the flower stalks. I'm guessing it got so big mostly from clipping all of the flower stalks, they seem to take alot of energy from the plant. I also feed it almost more than any other of my plants. It's on a south or south-west faceing windowsill, with lots of sunlight and humidity.
biggrin.gif
Odd thing is, it usually flowers all the time, but I haven't seen a flower stalk since October 2002! I know, I know, Capensis usually stops flowering from Fall-Spring, But I'm starting to miss the flower stalks and seeds and babies.
wink.gif

-Spec
biggrin.gif

Hey Spec

Beautiful photos...those are some pretty plants you have there. Thanks for sharing.
smile.gif

Suzanne

Very impressive plants. Nice photos

What's up with the sideways capensis?
biggrin.gif

The pygmy flower puts this plant as one of the nitidula species or ssp.'s, or a hybrid with this as the parent, possibly Lake Badgerup.

Thanks for the great pics, Spec73. One of them helped me to verify that some of the Home Depot Droseras are D. spatulatas (I'm not a Drosera expert), and as you said about your D. capensis, one plant that I got to see If I could make grow became many.

The thing I like about this forum other than the posts is the pictures.

I hope you and everyone else keeps the pictures comming. I really enjoy them.

Alan

Wow, those are some really nice plants you have Spectabilis73. Do you keep them in a tank or outside in the open air?

Travis

all of the plants in the pics i showed are out in the open air
wow.gif
tounge.gif

*jealous* I envy all of you that can grow them(cps) outside or in your home without a terrarium. Do you realize how good you have it?

I will show all of you and move to N. Carolina. Where the Vensus Flytraps grow like know other place in the world!
wink.gif

tounge.gif

Travis

WOah , dude the pic's you have are awsome. !!
  i would try to grow my nepenthis alata outside of  it's big fishbowl but i'm afrade it would'nt have a good trasition . ( from home depot looks just like yours )

Very nice. You've inspired me to take a few more of mine. The D. capensis is a real gem. May I ask what you feed it with?

Back