What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Digital camera...good pics, low low price?

• Thread starter Vertigo
  • Start date
Is anyone familiar with a cheap digital camera that happens to take decent pictures?
tounge.gif

I use one of the camera's from where I work. Free.
wink.gif

Owen, if you plan on taking close-ups of plants, look into maybe a lower end used model of a sony? You can find lotsa good stuff on ebay. Just do your homework first so you don't get ripped off.
smile.gif

I am a personal fan of the Nikon series..

I would suggest going with a middle of the road right now, around 3 megapixelz, 4 and 5 are still hellaciously expensive.

Also, Ebay is a great great idea.

How about the Sony DSC-P31?

I use a Nikon Coolpix 990. I bought it on Ebay for a good price and it takes good enough pictures for me
smile.gif
But then I've always been a fan of Nikon so maybe I'm biased..

My current camera is good...its an Olympus. But my next camera will be a Nikon. They are really a standout for good color and macro ability. However, they are pricey. But great for a camera you will have a long time.

Suzanne

I use an "Epson PhotoPC 600". It takes great pics for me, and it can macro and zoom at the same time, for close up pics!

Mine is a Kodak DX3600, it was around $150 at Christmas, AFAIR. It's a bit "old" but was reviewed by Consumer Reports and they thought it took clearer pics than several cameras with much higher megapixels. I bet it can be found very cheap now because it's an earlier model.

On the megapixel issue, i don't think most people will really use anything over 2 unless they are going to publish or something. I usually keep mine on the 900x600 setting, and end up cropping and resizing to put pics up online, anyway.

If you want to see the kind of pics it takes, check out the photos on NECPS, because i took most of them with it.

If you want to know more, let me know.

Back