What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Phobias

I was just reading somewhere about phobias and i thought it was interesting.  There's all kinds of them!!  Check out this site for several 100 of them:

Phobias

Some are really wierd. Here's some examples: Aulophobia- the fear of flutes,  Botanophobia- Fear of plants, Dutchphobia- fear of the Dutch, Geniophobia- Fear of chins, Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia- fear of long words
biggrin.gif
, Phobophobia- fear of phobias, Pteronophobia- fear of being tickled by feathers, & Pupaphobia - fear of puppets!!

I'm slightly claustrophobic. Does anyone else have a phobia??

-buckeye

Hello,
I have arachnephobia: Fear of spiders, and liposlipophobia: the fear of being pursued by timberwolves, on a newly waxed floor, around a round table, while wearing socks
wink.gif

Kevin

I`m afraid of getting poisened,

I have one major, terrifing fear. It at times cripples my life. I have a fear that one day I may develop a phobia.
I have always been one of those people that is not scared of anything.

...people who ask me what my phobias are. As if they want to come kidnap me and do them to me. Therefore, I am not going to tell you what they are. ...so there.
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif
tounge.gif
smile.gif

Andrew

I think somebody is suffering from paranoia not a phobia.
tounge.gif

Arachibutyrophobia- Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of the mouth.
Chrometophobia or Chrematophobia- Fear of money.
Chromophobia or Chromatophobia- Fear of colors.
Chronophobia- Fear of time.
Cibophobia- Fear of food.(Sitophobia, Sitiophobia)
Dextrophobia- Fear of objects at the right side of the body.
Macrophobia- Fear of long waits.
Panophobia or Pantophobia- Fear of everything.
i think these are just silly. i have Phronemophobia- Fear of thinking
biggrin.gif

I Fear three things:
Falling
The Christian right
the upcoming catwoman movie (if you've seen the shot with Halle Berry in the new costume you know that no good will come of that movie).

The only thing that I fear is clowns,
wow.gif
they don't scare me to death. But when I see them I try to steer clear of them.

Fear of spiders, Right here
rolleyes.gif

Cole

Hmmm... well, I'm verrry slightly claustophobic. Put me in a small WalMart isle with a clog of people bunching around me (plus a three foot wide, seven foot tall guy backing up in front of me), not knowing I'm there, and I'm in panic. It's not a good thing... bunches of people all around me, not realizing I'm even there, ready to squash me between them or back up on me any minute (hence the huge guy in front of me).

But my main phobia is... don't laugh... fear of walking through puddles or walking on a slippery surface... *cringe*

The story behind this fear makes more sense. I broke my hand when I slipped in a puddle last year (you remember me telling y'all 'bout that, right?). So now I look really stupid when I slowly, ever so slowly, little step by little step, pick through the puddles, even really shallow ones, of a parking lot or on a slime-covered sidewalk... ***cringes and shakes***

What's that phobia called again???

I have extreme social phobia.. seriously.. college lists me under disability because of it
confused.gif

Aw clowns arent so bad
wink.gif

I developed claustrophobia in prison and now go into panic attacks if Im in a crowded room.

I feel clastrophobic in buildings with high up roofs,and I also have a phobia of hydrophobia (rabies).

I have a huge fear of bees/wasps. When I was younger I was really scared of spiders too, but as time has gone by, my fear of spiders has gotten less and less. Now I'm only mildly scared of little, big spiders like brown recluses and black widows. Jumping spiders and tarantulas are very cool though.

What's wrong with Halle Barry as catwoman?, I paid to see that!

Kakorrhaphiophobia and probably Venustraphobia
sad.gif

Fear of hieghts. I was afraid of bee's but I concured that fear this year by killing 3 bee's nest. Another thing is I see old people...
tounge.gif
wink.gif

Travis

Ozzy,
How could anyone not be afraid of being pursued by timberwolves, on a newly waxed floor, around a round table, while wearing socks? Its one I heard somewhere....

Unknown,
What in the world got you into prison??
Kevin

...i'm more worried about how she got OUT of prision. lol

Back