What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your First CP

To start this thread, my first CP was a VFT (common). It lived for three years then die. It was probably the biggest VFT so far with traps around one inch (I think).

Store bought vft that I killed in about a week. Actually,it was in pretty bad shape when I got it.

A VFT from King Soopers. I bought it in November and I recalled hearing about dormancy somewhere so I re-potted it, stuck it in a tray of water and put the whole thing in the fridge. And I'm sure you can all guess what happened to it.

my first co was an S. Judith Finn

First Cp was a vft about 15 years ago. Died in a week. 15 years later I am trying again with alot better success. A BIG Thanks to PFT.com:biggrin:.

Guess what? My first CP was a VFT way back in 1979, I still have it (plus 20 daughter plants and countless ones pass onto friends)!

Back in 1967 I grew Pinguicula vulgaris, and flowered it too!

My first CP to survive: Heliamphora Ionasii.

First real one: VFT

WOW we got some old timers here
tounge.gif

####, 1979? wow thats a long time ago, and you STILL HAVE IT? nice man,

well i got mine about when i was 9, like 6 yeas ago,
was a comon vft from home depot, it died cus i used tap water, now i read a passage in a states test about it and i knew i would try at it agian, and it brought me to this wonderful place
smile.gif

then i started out with another common flytrap from here
smile.gif

Well the ole time line for Nep.G.'s CP life is lke this.
VFT,S.Purpurea subsp. Purpurea

S.Purpurea subsp. Purpurea

VFT,N.Veitchii x Truncata,D.Californica,S.Purpurea subsp. Purpurea

VFT,N.Veitchii x Truncata,D.Californica,N.Ventricosa "Red"S.Purpurea subsp. Purpurea

VFT,N.Veitchii x Truncata,D.Californica,N.Ventricosa "Red"
S. Purpurea subsp. venosa,D.Adelae,D.Spathulata S.Purpurea subsp. Purpurea

S. Purpurea subsp. venosa,D.Adelae,D.Spathulata,S.
S.Purpurea subsp. Purpurea, S.Flava,S.Leucophylla.

S. Purpurea subsp. venosa,D.Adelae,D.Spathulata,S.
S.Purpurea subsp. Purpurea, S.Flava,S.Leucophylla.N.Rajah,N.Truncata,S.Rubra subsp. Rubra,N.merrilliana's,all the other CP's.
smile.gif

Back