What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brocchinia reducta

Hello. I am getting one of these carnivorous bromelaids for $24 from Cook's. I have read from the Savage Garden that it is fairly easy, so im taking a shot at it. Windowsill or terrarium? Its coming in a 3inch pot. Any info? thanks-Zach

Although I have never grown it, if it is small enough I would go for terrarium culture. After it gets some heft, standard Brom culture would seem to be all it needs, although with good humidity. The Tepuis where this plant grows are in perpetual mist, and cool. Good luck with your plant, and please give Dean my regards.

Hello, B. reducta is an easy window-sill plant for me. I do fill it up every two or three days and use the tray method. The window is east facing and so it gets much direct sunlight - well in a greenhouse it would do even better...
Here is a pic of my about 45cm high three year old plant grown from tiny bulbs:
http://home.petflytrap.com/joachim/B_reducta.jpg
It has now started to produce some flower stalks :)
Joachim

thanks for the info. ill try windowsill and watering it from top for now. wish me luck-Zach

Back