What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Webpage?

I am at the point were I would like to post some pictures but I do not care to have a website. Is Geocities a good place to post pictures without having a website? I am so sorry I know I have posted this about Frontal Page topic. But just curious if Geocities would do the job for posting pictures. If not just post the address of a few that would. As I will attempt to post some pictures this weekend.

Thanks-A-Bunch,
travis
smile.gif

I have had good luck with angelfire.com as well
smile.gif

Im not sure if you have to have an Aol Account for it, but

www.hometown.aol.com is a great place.

and also as well as, www. tripod.com

Geocities from what i understand is now charging for there service and no longer offer free service...

cya latrs
Jim

I think RamPuppy recommended netfirms.com. I would stay away from angelfire or geocities or any other place that has annoying pop-up ads.

Does PFT really still have web hosting? What about that ourcpsite.com place?

I have been working on this webpage for the past 45 minutes from tripod.com. If you can see this picture I will be the happiest darn person in the world!
smile.gif

dsc00001.jpg

Thanks,
travis

looks like yer goan be mad

ubnles the picture was "Image hosted by Tripod"

then dude ur the hapiest man in the world.

dsc00001.jpg

travis,
looks good so far. is there only supposed to be 2 picts? (one of a nep, and another of the jeep.)

movie quotes:
1-fight club (love it&#33
wink.gif

2- the matrix?

post again when you get more up on the site.

technoracer
my site, for my car, not my cp's: www.geocities.com/thetechnoracerpage

Thanks technoracer, keep on checking my website as I will be updating it a bit more
wink.gif
. Until it suites me and my ways *hehehehe*. At first I did not care for a website but it is fun. To be able to add all sorts of weird and corky things is sweet.
tounge.gif
I am aslo figuring out how to make updates ezier.

That is a sweet car you have...looks like Dodge Neon with added extras. My Jeep is basic and old. I love it! A little rusty, paint is chipping, some dust, and little dirtay inside. The only thing that matters to me at this point is if the engine and everything is running good.

Thanks,
travis

I have a free website at geocities. I just signed up the last week. You can still get free websites there for personal use, but they don't allow remote picture viewing. So a wensite may be the easiest way...
sad.gif

you should be able to post it...I just posted it directly from your site. here's what you do:

1. right-click on the pic you want to post.

2. go to properties, and highlight the URL.

3. after you highlight it, (when the words are blue) right-click on the blue part.

4. click on " copy.

5. go to the discussion forums, go to new topic.

6. Before you post the pic, you have to type something.

7. click on "Image"

8. backspace the "http;//" and right click on the white space.

9. click on "Paste" and click ok.

Thats it!
smile.gif
wow.gif
tounge.gif

dsc00010.jpg

Can you see my picture now Spectabilis73? The funny thing is I tried posting a picture and no one could the picture
confused.gif
very confusing. Although I did not use the image button. But I did use [ img ] [ /img ] (without the spaces) around the properties.

Thanks a Ton,
Travis

Edit:
O' crud, I do not see my nep any more that you posted just the advertisement. By the way that is an old picture (5 months ago) of my N. ventricosa plant.

Edit again:
I will post a newer version of my N. ventricosa plant later this week.

I can't see the pic I posted! or the one you posted!

dsc00001.jpg

smiley-blunder.gif

Darn it! Come so eager and leave so, so, bitter....
wink.gif
k/d

Thanks Anyhow
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
travis

I will give that a shot.

Thanks,
travis

DSC00081.JPG

Ok, this is from pft account that I just setup. Can any of you see the picture for upteenth time
confused.gif

Thanks for the help and being patient,
travis

Picture?  What picture?  Nope I don't see no picture of a Nep. in a flower pot.  It's got nice pitchers.... Uh I mean does it have nice pitchers?

j/k It works fine
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif
.  Congratulations!

Also, you can combine step 8 & 9 in Spec's instructions.  Right click on the "http://" when it's highlited in blue and select paste.

Back