What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thought I'd share.

BigCarnivourKid

It's been one of dem days
This is the view from my work place.  Looking to the west at Mt. Princeton.  It's amazing what you see when you look up occasionally
wink.gif

smile.gif
Feel free to add your own pics if you have one you want to share.
12978965-0504-02000180-.jpg

Ok.. here's the farthest north spruce tree. Waaay past the arctic circle..
12695394-c8c7-013C020E-.jpg

My car after a mid winter blizzard (I was a little late to work that day)
12695391-ddbd-013801DF-.jpg

A few bald eagles..

12695392-84b6-01E60115-.jpg

And a lil 7 to 8' Griz getting aggressive towards the truck.. we backed up and he went on his way

12695502-483d-026D01C3-.jpg

I know, I know.. terrible scans... sorry

C'mon people.  Purplesundew and I can't be the onlyones who live in scenic areas.  You can even post a pic of *GASP* a squirrel  
wink.gif

smile.gif
.  Here's another I took this afternoon. He was standing in the middle of the road. I drove within 8' before he took off.

12698247-076e-02000180-.jpg

Gimme a week and I'll have a pretty good pic of a rainforest near me.
smile.gif

Puplesundew, if that is your definition of a few Bald Eagles - Then I would love to see your definition of allot
wink.gif
. That is amazing to see a Grizzly Bear - that just is amazing. I just saw my first black bear in the wild this summer. That is a sweet picture of the hawk BCK
wow.gif
. Pretty neat you got that close, must be your ninja skills are coming into action (sneaking up on the prey). Thanks for sharing.

travis

Thanks Travis
smile.gif

The grizzly was rather small for a Griz.. almost all the bears up north are smaller than the ones in South Central AK where I live. My ex boyfriend took some excellent photo's of it (we were only 6' away while it was feeding on a caribou) but I'm not allowed to post them untill he copyrights them.
tounge.gif

Congrats on seeing your first black bear. I've actually had a harder time finding Blacks than Grizzly's. I've only seen a few black bears this summer and a dozen or so Griz. Did anyone see any news articles about the white black bear in Juneau?
The eagles- that pic only shows a small percentage of the birds that were there that day. A verry small percentage..
BCK- I LOVE your hawk pic! Beautiful!

Thanks Purplesundew,
  I was worried at first that it was injured since it's very unusual for them to stand in the middle of a road, let alone allow anything to approach it that close.  I went past it, turned around and past it again.  I came back and stopped beside it and made shooing noises (get your butt out of the road stupid! ) and it flew off to a fence post about 80' away.

But not befor I got three pictures
biggrin.gif

OK Ill try this again I seem to be having a hard time finding a place to host my pics
sad.gif
oh well
any suggestions? cause Im getting tired of posting pics on web sites just to find out that they suck and dont work
mad.gif

UKC, I'm using clubphoto for mine and so far no problem. After 90 days though the 'album' these photos are in will be deleted and all people will see is that pretty red x in the box where the photo was posted.

Here are two picture from the Toledo Botanical Gardens.

BumbleBee.jpg

Didn't think I got the shot. Silly bee didn't want to sit still.

daylily.jpg

Nothing fancy. Just a lily.

Nick

Ok, some pictures I took... Here is a pic of uuum... A forrest i guess you could call it... I liked it, so i took a pic...

And more perfect of all. MY NIEEECE, Calista (aka. Cali
wink.gif
)

Nature.jpg

I'll get the pic of Cali later, my computer is being dumb... STAY TUNED, OR ELSE!!!
wink.gif
;);)

Nice Forest, but I'd have to stay out of there. If I got lost, no one could see me. Why? My middle name is Forrest, so you couldn't see Forrest for the trees
biggrin.gif

Nick, I like your "just a lily" pic. They look like some I used to grow.

Woke up this morning to a world cloaked in fog.  And when it cleared this is what I saw
biggrin.gif
12955341-0082-02000180-.jpg

What a difference a month can make.

OK... here we go... something different.

Sunrise1_web.jpg

Wow........just Wow. I like that.
biggrin.gif
I think you have the gift with the camara Dyflam!

Back