What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

green bump in soil

Okay, I was plucking bits of sphagnum off the pot my flytrap is in in an attemp to grow some new moss mounds in another pot. Anyways, I uncoverd a erm thingy. It's about .75cm diamiter and dark green and its like a hard bump with a dent down the middle. Anyone have a clue as to what I'm looking at? I think it's alive.

err...
confused.gif

I don't think anyone will be able to identify your discovery from that description. However, you might try openning it up with a knife or something to see what's inside. My guess is that it's just a bit of compressed peat with algae growing around it.

Jœl

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (mindmaze128 @ Sep. 24 2002,01:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">err...
confused.gif

I don't think anyone will be able to identify your discovery from that description. However, you might try openning it up with a knife or something to see what's inside. My guess is that it's just a bit of compressed peat with algae growing around it.

Jœl[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
erm, no. It's plant flesh. I'll get a snapshot to post tomarrow
smile.gif
I have homework now
tounge.gif

and now my digital camera has it's battery die as I am taking the photoe. This is not my day. Well, I'll ask when I have a picture

Back