What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New cp book!

sorry if this was already talked about, looks like it came out last year..but this is the first I have heard about it!
anyone have this book yet? how is it?

http://www.chicago-botanic.org/book/v4n4/Romanowski.html

romanoski-gardening_carnivores.jpg

I have this book. It has a section about growing Sarracenia as cut flowers. In fact, the book is geared towards Sarracenia only. I did get the book as a gift, one that I wasn't expecting. Had I known the book included only Sarracenia (an quick overview of some of the other cps), I may not have clued in that I wanted the book. I like the book, but it is more of a guide to plantation farming of cultivated Sarracenia. It does have some excellent photos of Species and Hybrids.

Ive seen it on Amazon and read one of it's reviews. I was'nt overly impressed. I mean for a gardener who does the floral arrangements and stuff it's great. If you want info on the cps of the world or something like that, no it's not for you. Just my two cents about the book.

Wes

I have the book, and like it, but mainly for the photographs. There are many good pictures of the species, as well as a plethora of unregistered cultivars. I would only recommend it if you are a big fan of Sarracenia, or if you have the bucks to spend to expand your library. The cultural and ecological information is covered already in the Savage Garden and Schnell's book on CP of the US and Canada.

i've read this book before , its not really new but it looks like it . not very informative either , mostly just about sarracenia and the hybrids and the arrangements , but there are alot colorful photos that make this book worth seeing .

Going by responses this would be a good library book. I was thinking of getting last year but decided to wait.
rolleyes.gif

Back