What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A different kind of request

Just a suggestion... you might also want to consult with a doctor that practices Eastern Medicine (i.e. accupuncturist, herbal medicine, etc.) If you do try this, one word of advice... research the practitioner's background and talk to some of their patients. If you PM your city to me, I could look into some known practitioners in your area. Here in Toronto, we also have Doctors that practice both Western and Eastern medicine.

My thoughts are with you...

BRAINSTORM!

Kind of along CChang's idea....and how to get blood out of your son without the panic attack. This may sound quack-ish, but heck. Have you though about hypnosis? Maybe a hypnotist could clam him for the blood draw. Then there would be no "complications" with analysing the blood.

I think Lavenderdawn is right, too, that you need to get out of the "small town doc's office" and get to a big city research hospital. They're much more likely to have and open mind, and look for new clues.

I want you to know that you and your son are in my thoughts and prayers. I wish there were something more I could do! I can only imagine what you both are going through. Hang in there Rose, and if I can do anything at all I am at your service.

Hey Copper,

I am sorry to hear about all that is going on, and you and your son and your entire family are in my family's prayers.

one thing, and sorry, this is somewhat controversial, yet so simple and common sense. Do you have your son taking a REAL multivitamin? I am not talking a cheapy you get at your grocer, but a real one that is properly ballanced and bio-available? (FOr instance, calcium can not be absorbed well without vitamin c present) so on and so forth...

another thing to think about, is trace minerals, called colloidal minerals, they are (Here... let me paste a list in...) Aluminum, Antimony, Barium, Beryllium, Bismuth, Boron, Bromide, Cadmium, Calcium, Carbon, Cerium, Cesium, Chloride, Chromium, Cobalt, Copper, Cysprosium, Erbium, Europium, Fluoride, Callium, Germanium, Gold, Hafnium, Holmium, Indium, Iodine, Iridium, Iron, Lanthanum, Lithium, Lutetium, Magnesium, Manganese, Molybdenum, Neodymium, Nickel, Niobium, Palladium, Platinum, Phosphate, Phosphorus, Potassium, Praseodymium, Rhenium, Rhodium, Rubidium, Ruthenium, Samarium, Scandium, Selenium, Silicon, Silver, Sodium, Strontium, Sulfur, Tantalum, Telluium, Terbium, Thallium, Thulium, Thorium, Tin, Titanium, Tungsten, Uranium, Vanadium, Ytterbium, Yttrium, Zirconium, Zinc, Plus water, glycerine, natural flavors, grapefruit seed extract, and stevia.

These trace minerals are not proven to do anything, the reason people say they should be taken, is that there are places where plants from many thousands of years ago lay preserved, frozen, and they have these trace minerals in, suprise, trace amounts, in them, and it is believed that these minerals have been farmed out of most countries crop land, as we simply don't fertilize for it, or do proper crop rotation, and so on and so forth...

I can tell you that I feel better when I take them, there are thousands of metabolic processes going on in the body, and not even the doctors understand them all, I have a feeling that taking colloidals is kind of a shotgun approach, maybe five or six of the trace nutrients is needed, (if at all) and you get another what, 70, along the way... but if you get what you need... who knows...

I am a christian too, and I am a big believer in mind over matter, faith, as it were... and I would obviously talk to a physician about this (I have outgrown my asthma) but when I am feeling down, sometimes a good hard workout really kicks the cold out of me! I know that is not reccomended for an asthmatic kid, especially one that is in your sons condition... but maybe what is needed, is a few small victories for him. For instance, a grip strengthener, walmart sells a neat one designed to strengthen the grip of a guitar player, and each finger has it's own little spring... why not get him one, and see if he can work it? set some goals for him, make it a fun game somehow, and when he reaches the goals, make a VERY big deal out of it... small victories can do wonders for the soul, and the soul, well, it's a pretty powerful thing.

Prayers are with you.

Well, my tirate and everyone's prays seemed to have worked somewhat anyway. The doctor called and admitted that Zach was ill. He does not know what the illness is, but admits that it is there. Zach is on antibiotics, new allergy meds and one for his ADHD (besides the four others he already takes).

I am not going to stay with this doctor. I am actively looking for another. I know that a lot of the medical field is a guessing game and at least the guessing has begun, but I know it begun partly due to appease the mother. It should have begun at least 5 months ago because the child was ill. I have also been approached by people in the school system that advised that this particular doctor never listens to them or anyone else.

I thank you for your prays and words of support. We are at a beginning and that is so much better than six months of nothing.

Copper,

Glad to hear the gears are finally turning. Please STAY vigilant about this, as that's what's going to make the difference.

Our thoughts are with you.

Capslock

Hey Copper

I'm really sorry to hear about your son's illness. I think all to often doctors don't LISTEN to what the patient (or patient's parents) have to say. YOU know your son is ill...they should pay attention to that. I know how frustrating this must be for you.

If you can take him to a larger hospital, a teaching hospital if possible, that would be good. I know there are many cases where parents had to go far afield to find the right medical care where the drs. take an active role in trying to find the problem. Its all too easy for some drs. to blow it off as something "common" when it may not be. There are many rare illnesses that not every dr. knows much about.

I wish you the best of luck in this investigation and hope they can find something that will help.

Suzanne

Hey Rose,
Im so sorry to hear about your son. Kinda sounds like me, but not so sevear. When I was 12 (3 years ago) I would through up all the time, have big dark sleep deprivation circles under my eyes every day, and I lost alot of weight. Then, it just went away, and now I feel fine. So I hope something like this may happen with your son. My prayers are with you.
Kevin

my thoughts and prayers are with you... i Hope zach gets better...
sad.gif

Back