What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

temperature units

why do all you guys use Fahrenheit? I find it difficult getting my head around. I thought most people used Celsius these days? is this a USA thing? I know a lot of us in the UK use F, but this tends to be the older gereration, I was educated all in metric myself.

YEP THAT'S US AMERICAN'S! We use Farenheit and inches.

Overseas people USUALLY use metric and Celsius. BUT in sciences over here we use Celsius.

Nep.G.

You know in America we have to be different. I really don't get it. The rest of the world ( as far as I know ) uses Celsius.
Everyone that lives in the US ( for the most part ) refers to everything in Faahrenheit. Which makes watching BBC or CNN late night weather a bit of a problem. :cheesy:

No offense but America has always had to be different from everybody else,i mean u even invented your own type of english!*sigh*i don't even know what i'm reading when i see fahrenheit or inches...i just read it but don't actually take it in,u know what i mean.

Yes Mondo and jaie we are the world's snobs! Bin Laden no comment.(If you get my point!)
smile.gif
>
Nep.G.

Celsius confuses me. It makes it hard to ask temperature questions of folks out of the U.S. I did find a site on the web that has a converter for metric stuff. I've used it before to convert Farenheit to Celsius. Like Mondo, I never understand anything anyone says about celsius, kilometers, centimeters and such. I'm "old school"...give me feet, inches and farenheit! (Kinda funny cause I'd assume "farenheit" is a German word? Don't they use celsium in Gemany?).

suzanne

I'm with you on that one Plant A Kiss I get lost with that stuff too except the centimeters and that's only because I have a growth chart on my wall for my daughter.

Ohh boy next thing we will come out with instead of a piece of wood with numbers and lines on it will be a digital ruler that converts every measurment taken into ALL measuring units around the world! Nep.G.

I rest my case about the digital ruler everyone..... I am gonna use it too even if I was wrong!
smile.gif
Nep.G.

Back