What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Origin of your name

• Thread starter RamPuppy
  • Start date

RamPuppy

Tell us why your named what your named...

Ram_Puppy... started a long time ago, I was working at a mom and pop computer joint building computers, and one day, I decided to buy the parts and make my own...

I got it up and running, and thought it needed more RAM, so I told the owner, we got it stuck in there, and I got excited, like a little puppy I guess... they said as much (all my co-workers..)

And that night we stayed late so I could smash people in a game of QUAKE, and I jokingly used the nick RAM_Puppy... it stuck.

-/ Ram_Puppy Gibs Smack_Daddy \-

sweeter words were never spoken...

Quake was such an awesome game...

(On the side, if anyone is currently playing Unreal Tournament 2003, drop me a line privately...)

I chose "Swords" cos my dad took me to see Conan the Barbarian whenever it came out (I don't recall how old I was, 3 or 5 maybe?) and also we went to see some viking exhibits at the museums and ever since then I liked vikings and swords and mythology and all that stuff.
When I got older I worked at the Rennaissance Fair (worked there for 5 years) and even formed a band based around celtic/druidic mythology which did a few albums (look under: Cernunnos Woods) of atmopsheric music in the 1990s.
Now only my medieval weapons & armour collection and nickname remain from those days.

Ram, is there anybody out there still running Quake servers? If so, I would love to challenge you to a match. I was quite the bada$$ in the game's heyday
wink.gif

My name is from the Simpsons TV show, which is my favorite show of course. It is from the hindu that runs the Kwik-E-Mart on the show-- Apu Nahasapeemapetilon.
biggrin.gif

My best friend stared it, now all my other friends call me "COLIEO"; how they got that from the normal "cole-slaw" and "colek-a-cola". people are wierd sometimes
confused.gif

Cole

Anyone here remember the first Encarta encyclopedia that Microsoft made (1994)? If any of you can recall, there's a game in there where you have to go through a maze of some sort and answer questions about material in the encyclopedia.  It was a really funky game, with talking tigers and bears and things, and I played it A LOT! Well, my nickname came from that; the game was called the mindmaze game.
smile.gif

I chose Nathaniel because that's my name. Simple as that.

My screen name is just a little play on words...since I like plants and gardening. The idea was that you can "plant a kiss" and, like a seed that grows into a beautiful plant, a kiss can grow into something beautiful too (if properly nurtured).

In "real life", my nickname is Dooz.
smile.gif
Yes, a tad weird but it came from a friend of mine. She was typing my name Suzanne into a computer game and she made a typo and it came out "Duzanne". She thought it quite funny and started calling me that. Didn't take long before everyone in the office where we worked started calling me that too. Then it got shortened to Dooz and it stuck. So now I answer to either name.
smile.gif

Suzanne AKA Dooz

hmm... adnedarn. a little bit of history on my name. back when I first met my now wife to be (7 years ago) I was into playing the game "sim city" well I wanted a name that had me and her in it (we were only barely dating at the time) but had to keep it a secret. so I went back and forth with the letters until it became pronounceable. and that was my name in sim city. and has been my name in the sim world of the internet for about 6 years now.
Andrew aka adnedarn
by the way her name is Deangela

Larry, I think most everyone has moved on to the newer quakes, and onto other FPS...

Quite the baddy eh? Before I worked at that computer shop, back in the day, I worked for an ISP, and we were blessed to beta-test Quake... so, while I won't claim to be in the leauge of thos guys that compete professionally... I did a lot of whompin... especially, when at that computer job, one of my co-workers came in one day and said "Look what I got! Quake finally came out! Let's play!"

I said ok... and destruction and mayhem became a nightly occurence...

The first thing that came out of his mouth when we played was "Where's all the armor and weapons!" I had the levels memorized.. hehh... :)

I am trying to get into Unreal 2K3, but I just am not as good as I used to be... age maybe.. who know... blooms off the rose!
wink.gif

Keepem coming people!

larry and rampuppy i know quake arena still works.. quite a few people still there playing. i visited like 2 months ago...
andrew

purplesundew .. favorite color and favorite plant
smile.gif

My long time web name/nickname was Iris and that was because the flower Iris was used to stand for honesty or truth.. my friends thought it was fitting. My e-mail wildfyre refers to my personality and usual hair color.. at least thats what they say  
wink.gif

Ok, here goes..When someone dear to me started a plant business (PFT) there sometimes wasn't enough storage room for all of the deliveries he was getting or some days he wouldn't be there to receive a shipment. So he began having some of the shipments sent to my home and would come get the plants as required. One day after a large delivery of plants I said "I feel like I'm running a doggone greenhouse here!" Hence the name Greenhouse1. By the way, they have their own greenhouse now and aren't shipping to my address anymore....well, maybe now and then if the shipments of packing boxes, etc are really huge
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Parasuco. Heehee... My favorite clothing brand. Ahahaha... I like Diesel too, but that sounds like a train. Parasuco sounds like Parasuco sounds like Parasuco... Plus I like it better than Diesel. Bwahaha...

well, i guess my parents stuck me with my name zach
wink.gif
....lol

Hmm....i guess i picked cephalotus88 cuz i love cephalotus plants, and i was born in 1988.

Dodecatheon is a genus of wildflower that's common around here (shooting stars). It also refers to the twelve gods of the greek pantheon. And it kind of sounds neat. And I can rely on it to not be taken when I have to enter a usename for stuff.

Pronounciation: Dough-Deck-Ath-Eee-On (at lease with my western canadian accent this works)

well I just thought mine up for no aparent reason it just came to me.
I got the unknown for the reason that I like being anonomous and the clown because I have a heard time taking too much of anything seriously. Of course being anonomous has been a pain since Ive had to post a few times that I am not a man
wink.gif
but thats life.
my other nicknames are too embarassing to mention so I wont go there
wink.gif

My name is wierd, Eplants02. The E is first letter of my name. I love plants which is the second part and the 02 was when I graduated high school which was this year. Basically I made up this username.

colombian friends......

my real name is stephan, but alot of people pronouce it stefan or stefano

all my colombian friends which is like 95% of my friends all call me stefano

my aol screen name is carcara001, i got it cus theres a brazilian hawk named carcara and it is known to be very pissed off and short tempered, and kills small horses and cows, and i chose that cus i am short temperd alot but i have noticed my self not givign a hoot anymore and i havnt goten mad in a while, like people call me names jokingly, i used to get really mad, now its like great, its kinda cool, like i have been controlling my anger alot

My SN...Dionaea Enthusiast...um...about the least creative in existence.
smile.gif
But I wanted it to be easy to remember (which it is not) and nice-sounding (which it is not). Oh well.

Then there's my primary email: gubydalroy@hotmail.com
Let's see if anyone can figure out that one, heh-heh.

Back