What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Origin of your name

• Thread starter RamPuppy
  • Start date
Stephan, what about the killing horse and cow parts? Are you know to do that when you're angry?
smile.gif

My SN is just named after a nepenthes I guess.
smile.gif
When I first started out on Neps I wanted an N.Gracilis, I never got one but named myself after it because I guess it just caught my eye when I first saw it.

no idea, it just attacks stuff larger than itsself i guess is what i ment by that

yo nep g how coem u never go on aol anymore, if yer on now im me, unless you changed your screen name

mines

carcara001

i think you changed it before, i forgot the name, go online or just im me now from yer new one

One of my friends at secondary school for some reason known only to himself started calling me Alvin when I told him my name was Alexis. Later on he tagged 'Meister' on the end and that's what he has called me ever since. So I thought I'd use it on internet forums. I wonder if he's ever stubled across a forum I've posted on?
smile.gif

Well, no mystery here, Mike is short for..Michael! (That was a big surprise!! ) I am not a great believer in 'screen names', but knowing who you are dealing/ conversing with.
wink.gif

Let me guess DE...
Um first name Guby middle name Dal, and last Roy?
tounge.gif
 only you dont like it so you go by Chris Roy
biggrin.gif

Tamlin is a character from a Scottish song "Tamlin and Janet." Tamlin was held captive by the fairy queen after falling into a charmed fairy circle. His woman was Janet, and one night he managed to get word to her that the fairies would be riding that night, and there was a way he could be saved. She had to drag him from the saddle, and hold him. The queen would turn him into a snake, a bear, a wolf - but she must not let go. Finally she would turn him into a red hot brand, and then she must fling him into the brook. All this came about, and Tamlin was set free. The queen could do nothing, her spell was broken, and they lived happily ever after to the end of their days, and beyond.

Tamlin is also my Coven name in Whitestone Circle as well as my stage name.

My wife and I both took the name Dawnstar at our marrige.

My guess for DE (ladybug)

& UC - tell you mine if you tell me yours.

I use none of them because I have to maintain some degree of self respect.

Cheers,

well my screen name is my name that was given to me by my parents and also i was named after my dad and grandfather and great-greatgrandfather on my dads side. the cp is just because i enjoy growing the plants

Why Spectabilis73?
At the end of a BACPS meeting there were several Nepenthes spectabilis for auction. two of them went for $40.00 and I got the third for $25.00.
wow.gif
tounge.gif
(is that alot?) I got the best deal out of all the nep. (I think there were 10-15) that was           1 week, 3 days before I joined the forums, so thats what I used, plus spectabilis is a cool plant. How did I get 73? I just like the number. ( Don't worry, that isn't my age&#33
wink.gif
tounge.gif

Spectabilis73 aka John

it means "Also Known As"
I like using that little abreviation.

The only name that I go by is Masked Ninja. I got that name while playing Quake online. Ever since then that is my on-line name and the name that I will go by when stirring up trouble *evil giggle*  
wink.gif

tounge.gif
. It has grown on me and I enjoy kidding around with the name.

Travis aka Masked Ninja
aka = as known as

mine is relatively easy, my favorite cp is sarracenia, and as soon as i saw that plant, i fell in love with it (though i spell it luver), well thats me sarracenialuver aka,
Kevin

Long story short: I lit myself on fire for a game.

***PLEASE NOTE***

All the disclaimers that you can think of apply to this statment. Do not try this at home. Paremtal supervision required. Not for use by anyone. Blah, blah, blah

Pyro,
you sound hot.
wink.gif

Sorry. Very bad pun.

Schloaty is what my friends called me at college. My last name is Schloat, which is unusual, and people have fun saying it (go figure). Anyway, most everyone in my fraternaty had an "y" stuck to the end of their names (except Jay, but he had one already anyway), hense I became Schloaty.

Ahh, the good old days....
tounge.gif

Well, mine comes from a discussion my friend and I had. She was having trouble in Calculus, so I stuck a very old (10 yr+) stamp/sticker with a cartoon spider on it with the word "wicked" above it. She swore it gave her good luck on her exams, and we both mentioned that we liked saying that word. I also liked saying the word "thistle" and thought they were pretty. I had to pass by thistles on the shortcut to school, so I said I'd probably be cussing "wicked thistles" from then on because that is a great way to describe the pokey things. Then we agreed that it would make an awesome email account name, since NOBODY would have taken that one already. That's about it, two words I like saying. Maybe a bit descriptive of myself, who knows?
wink.gif

No
One

It's part of a football song from a team that I support.

Well, I wanted to use my actual name for PFT. But I couldn't. Why you ask? Because my name is Mike King. Yep. Mike King. So I thought about some of the stuff I liked and the first thing that popped up was monkeys. I didn't want to be looked upon as a child, even though I'm only 13, so I used Monkey"man". I'm sure a couple people caught on anyway.
biggrin.gif

Mike
smile.gif

PlantAKiss...it was already my AOL screen name so I used it here. The name was kind of a play on words...being a gardener and having plants...combined with the thought that sometimes something as simple as a kiss, nutured with love and caring, can grow into something wonderful...just as plant does with proper care.

My real nick is Dooz...so I answer to two names. Or...just say "hey stupid!" and I might come a-runnin'.
smile.gif

Suzanne/Dooz/PAK

I just came up with mine because the screen names I used to always use were always taken (ie. Vortex). It's derived from the latin words Terra (earth) and Phage (consume or internalize), so I suppose literally it means "earth eater". But symbolically it represents how I try to incorporate as much about nature and the environment into my life as possible.

Back