What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Origin of your name

• Thread starter RamPuppy
  • Start date
My name is John and I live in Milford, Connecticut ( I put a lot of thought into that one&#33
wink.gif

"Merlin" is the name of my business, which I chose 20 years ago because I was interested in both birding and Arthurian fantasy.  Company motto: "Magically, your money disappears!"  

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Pyro @ Nov. 04 2002,9:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Long story short: I lit myself on fire for a game.

***PLEASE NOTE***

All the disclaimers that you can think of apply to this statment. Do not try this at home. Paremtal supervision required. Not for use by anyone. Blah, blah, blah[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
why in the world pm me y

Hi All,

"Biggun" is me mispelling "Bigg'n" which is a nickname a friend gave me (I'm 6'5").

Bobby

Biggun posted his tomorrow!  Where are you?
I already explained elsewhere I chose 'Fran' because it could be either male or female.  But now I would like to change it but don't know how.  I couldn't find any option in control panel.  Do I just reregister as someone new?  That would mess up statistics...
confused.gif

Anybody?

My time is wrong, too.  
sad.gif

I think I fixed it (went the wrong way with my clock).

I suppose I came up with TerraX as a derivative of RacerX. In the past few years I have fallen in love with all types of travel for different reasons. Lately it's been my motorcycle. But I suppose if I were to break down the name for a meaning it would be Earth + (the variable of) X.

Blech.

C

I suppose I chose mine cause at 2 am on a worknight I had about as much creativity as a half a box of rocks. lol
wink.gif

There.  (Voila!)  I did it.  No more Fran.  
It's me, Valerie, Tamlin's wife.  I thought of taking Janet as a nick but I am someone besides just his woman.
smile.gif

The reason I chose lavender dawn is because my vocation is nurse/massage therapist & lavender is a wonderfully relaxing aroma most popular for massage (& I grow it! ) -- and dawn because it is my name - originally (at my birth) my middle name.  And I think the two sound good together.  Sort of like the way wicked thistle sounds together.  I like that, too.  (did you know that thistle is the national flower of Scotland?)

Copper... That be what I am

My name ( I think
wink.gif
) is Bjørn Norman Jensen Bin Abdul Aziz Salleh

wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
I Know, I know, it's very long but you get a long name when you they try to use both Norwegian and Malay laws....LOL

I use only Bjørn Norman Jensen here in Norway

I chouse BjørnNorman because I use that a lot because their is anothe Bjørn in my class (bjørn means bear in several language, like Norwegian and German )

regards the bear with a very long name, lol
tounge.gif

Bjorn...I think you should win a prize for having the longest name.
biggrin.gif
That is something! You must have a hard time signing documents if you have to use your full legal name.

There is a fly crawling on my monitor...where is a VFT when you need one?!
smile.gif

I was doing a search for something entirely different, when I came up with this one, which pre-dates my appearance by 6 months. So, pulling a "Spec", I decided to resurrect and oldie but a goodie. Some many people have come and gone since its last post.

My given name is Scott. I'v always hated that name and during senior year of high school, I decided that when I got to college, I would just simply adopt the non-descript name of 'Jim'. What I didn't count in was that one of buddies, ever since 7th grade, would also choose to go to the same college. And while I was introducing myself as Jim, on the other end of the campus, she was introducing me as Scott. When the circle of friends began to coincide, there was confusion. That confusion was reconciled as 'Jim-Scott' or 'JimHyphenScott'.

BTW, this buddy of mine accidently knocked over a VFT that was temporarily in her care, when we drove up that September.

I guess I haven't posted here, so:
I heard someone say Night wolf, so I thought it was cool and made a screen name like that. I changed it a little to The night wolf, etc. Then I was searching for quotes, and someone suggested "the leader of the pack" so I thought it was pretty cool but the nick would be better if it were Alpha wolf.
So I tried it but it was taken... so I added the "the" because I figured it would sound cooler if i wasn't just one of many, but THE alpha wolf. That was a couple of years ago, and I've kept it ever since.

no, my screen name doesn't reflect ANYTHING about me, maybe except that it suggests I like at least a tiny little portion of nature (and back then I pretty much only liked animals, and not loved nature as a whole)... but anyway, I'm not an alpha anything, i have nothing in common with wolves (well... except that i'm loyal :p), and I don't like wolves above other things.

A long time ago I played one of those "what punctuation mark would I be?" games with some people.

It solved the problem of never being able to find an alias that wasn't taken already.
smile.gif

I used to own a Maincoon cat called chesara barley white finnley which got killed on a road near me so in honour of him i called myself chesara.he was 1 year old and over 14 pounds in weight ,he was going to be a big boy but alas never made it so im carring his name on
smile.gif

Bye for now Julian

Julian: As crazy as this sounds, the Maine Coon is our favourite breed of cat.

Luis: Someone is going to confuse you with being Finch, with that bird being your new avatar. I liked the Wolf one.

i chose my name because santiago is my name and 7 is my favorite number, and it has to do with many things in my life,

i got a pupy on the seventh of april,
my bro was born on feb 7
i have seven cousins
i have 7 hobies
there are seven continents
seven world wonders
seven days in a week
i have seven fingers
oh and what i recently found out from a very nise man:
I AM GIONG TO DIE IN SEVEN DAYS!!!!!

jk
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]A long time ago I played one of those "what punctuation mark would I be?"
LOL! never heard of it. I guess I'd be a question mark.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Luis: Someone is going to confuse you with being Finch, with that bird being your new avatar. I liked the Wolf one.
Yeah I liked it too but the wolf one wasn't original (I guess it was copyrighted). I took the hummingbird picture myself though.

Back