What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Turning your plants?

I was looking at my Cp's today and noticed that they all seem to be leaning toward the window that I have them in. I was just wondering if anybody know if it is good or bad to turn them the opposite way they are leaning?

All my plants are doing wonderfully, so I think they are getting plenty of sun and are planted in the right soil, and everyhting like that I just wasn't sure if it is good or bad to turn them?

it wont hurt to turn them it will just help keep them straight.

do u guys have any green dragon vft 7-10 year old for sale
confused.gif

uh...........very off topic, no I dont ,if you have something to trade for it you can put an ad in the trading section.

Just a reminder that one should not ask for people to sell plants. Sales of plants is not permited on these forums.

PFT does sell the Green Dragon VFT as well as other Carnivorous Plants.

I doubt that you will find any 7-10 year old Green Dragons out there. Although I could be wrong.

It's ok, we all make mistakes. Check out the Shopping Home link above, click on Carnivorous Plants and then Venus Fltyraps. You will find the Green Dragon Venus Flytraps listed there.

Or, for faster access, Exotic Gardens Venus Flytraps.

It doen'st really matter which way your plants are leaning or if you turn the tray around. Eventually the plant will always lean toward the light. So It wouldn't matter at all by turning it.

my u. sandersonni always flowers with the stalks pointing towards where there is the most ligt , my vfts are red on 1 side , green on the other , my suaromatum venosum always leanes to where there is lots of light . i think it just mean that it need more sun or light so except of turning them aroung alot which gets quite annoying and tiresome , try moving them to a place where the sun shines right down on them .

One way to keep plants growing straight in a window is to turn them daily to prevent them from leaning towards the light and always being lop sided. By turning the plants each day, the side that has moved toward the light the previous day is now facing away from the window and the plant slowly moves/grows back towards the window. You will want to do either 1/4 turns or 1/3 turns each day, or possibly even turn it twice in one day to prevent the plant from leaning too much.

I hope this helps. I do this with a couple of my Sarracenia that I have indoors.

I have some cp plants in a terrerium and i turned them and nothing happenned to them.

Back