What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Questions for mods only! :p

• Thread starter monkeyman
  • Start date
Do the Mods at this forum work in shifts,or do they just sit at the computer constantly watching for
*unauthorized or inapropriate topics*, or interesting posts?
Do the Mods actually work at Exotic Gardens?
(besides on the computer)
Do Mods ever get bored?
What do they do if they get bored?
Please tell
smile.gif

Thanks

Do the Mods at this forum work in shifts,or do they just sit at the computer constantly watching for

****There is no formal scheduling, we all volunteer and do what we can when we can.*****

****No. We are all in different parts of the U.S. and the world in some cases. No one gets paid for this job. We do it for the love of it all.***

Do Mods ever get bored?

***Well, sure we do. After all we are human. Some questions get asked over and over, and sometimes no one asks questions.****

***If you mean bored with the forums....uhh, well I suppose it's different for each. Sometimes we take some time off. I try to write informative articles which I hope teach some of the finer points of CP growing, or present a look into the wonder of these plants if there isn't a lot going on****

It's like a questionnaire
smile.gif

We just come visit the forums whenever we want, just like any other user. We just answer questions and contribute like anyone else. If we come across anything that's in the wrong place we move it, or in rare cases where anything untoward is going on, we try and sort it.

No - I'm in England.

Do Mods ever get bored?
No - we like being mods and visiting the site, just like you do.

Resign as a mod??

Do the Mods at this forum work in shifts,or do they just sit at the computer constantly watching for *unauthorized or inapropriate topics*, or interesting posts?

This one has already been answered so I won't go into it again

Most do not but there is one

Do Mods ever get bored?

Of course, like Tamlin said, we are human

I come to PFT and read every new post, answer what I can and them post some more

Thanks, I was wondering about that.
smile.gif

Do the Mods at this forum work in shifts,or do they just sit at the computer constantly watching for *unauthorized or inapropriate topics*, or interesting posts?

This one has already been answered so I won't go into it again

I work as a sales rep for exotic Gardens, and I also do a little flash work, like the second page of the art basel thing. I also am working on a nice secret project for exotic gardens at the moment (You'll know when it actually is done) and I answer customer support questions that Phil doesn't have time to get to.

Do Mods ever get bored?

Well, most of the mods are human. I am not. I do not get bored. I tirelessly plow the boards for junk postings and remove them... all the jokes about the mallet, and no one has yet to realize, I AM THE MALLET.
smile.gif
jk....

I get bored. When I do, I surf the nest, play with my plants, build stuff in flash, play sports, lift weights, chat with friends on the net, or go out and have a life with said friends. Oh, I have a wife to, that keeps life from ever getting bored (Irish Italian Redhead...) Right now one of my major boredom killers is an old game called Master of Orion 2, soon, if the dev studio ever gets off their rear ends and publishes it, I will be utilizing to much time playing Master of Orion 3. (which better be good since it is a year and a half overdue&#33
wink.gif

Q: Do Mods ever get bored?

A: Yes... unknownclown is the prime example.

Q: What do they do if they get bored?

A: Well, most try to spice up the forums by starting cool threads but others, like unknownclown, make things interesting by starting threads with titles like "Ok im bored" featuring an EXTREMELY DISTURBING CLOWN! :s GAH!
wow.gif

hehe
wink.gif

#1. Already answered
#2. Yes, I really do work at Exotic Gardens as a volunteer....when time permits ...as I do have another life. My duties at E.G. vary from watering plants, potting and doming plants for shipping , filing, sometimes answering a ringing phone, mixing soil, and whatever else is needed while I'm there. It's fun unless the boss is having a bad day
wink.gif

#3. I almost never get bored but if I do there's always plenty to do...I like craft projects, music, cooking and much more.
And if I get lonesome I just hop in my car and go to work at Exotic Gardens where I have friends and plenty to do.
smile.gif

Back