What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our community service project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phil does some community service things from time to time to further education on CP's. Today I got to help him do a presentation at a local library for their Summer Reading Program. There were about 50 people who attended from the ages of 2-52 . It was a joy to see those little minds
(and big ones too) learning about CPs. You'd be so amazed to see those small children listen intently, ask questions, and get excited about the plants. They are so bright and smart! As a surprise for them at the end of the presentation Phil asked questions and gave away about 8 plants to children who answered them right. Lots of happy, fascinated little ones left that library today. I suspect we'll be seeing some new members soon. So let's treat them gently and nurture their new found interest in our beloved CPs!
smile.gif

smile.gif
 It was a fun day for us!

Good Job.

Even though I have no personal interest in pft, it make me proud to be a member when I hear of things like this. The more young people that you get interested in cp's now the more people will be interested in growing cp's later in life. I was first interested in them when I was about 8 years old, and it planted a seed that grew years later.

Keep up the good work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back