What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

elgecko

I've got a magic window!
I was at Lowe's a several weeks ago. My wife saw a Venus Flytrap there. I had 1 or 2 of those when I was much younger, never had them long before dying. So I bought one and took it home. Started doing research on the net, in the process finding these forums, on how to care for them. After having it a few weeks and growing well, I went and bought a Pitcher plant. Seems to like it's new location alot. The vains in the leaves have turned a deep red color. I also went out and bought The Savage Garden book. Well just last weekend I had to go out and finish off the collection, available at Lowe's, by getting a Sundew, Butterwort, and another VFT while I was there.
I've already started to look into what tropical Pitcher plant I might try to get next year if all goes well.
I guess this is how it all starts.
tounge.gif

I started out the same way LOL!
smile.gif

Holy Cow, if that is day one for you. I would love to see what day two brings!
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
alien.gif
wink.gif
At that current rate you may need to buy a Greenhouse to support your cp's
smile.gif

That is great to hear you are saving these plants from a Low's death. Need more ppl like you...Good Luck, with your new cp's. The Savage Garden is a begenniers cps Bible for taking care of these awsome plants. BTW I think Neps are the coolest cp's out there!

Travis

I started out with four plants in April; got a few more in May; by June I had sixteen plants; and now I have twenty-two. I wouldn't call it an addiction, but then again, "Hi, my name is cpwitch. I'm a cp-a-holic". (But I can quit any time  
tounge.gif
)

cpwitch

Addiction......har har har: if I dont get 10 plants a week I wander listless and forlorn. BEWARE! Once the real fever hits, you will never see out a window in your house again.

lol Welcome to the club Elgecko! (And welcome to the forums as well). If you are looking for support for your new addiction, you won't find a 12-step program here.
smile.gif
Your addiction will be encouraged and before long you'll find yourself surrounded with CPs. Muuuhhhaaauuuuahhh
biggrin.gif

Welcome aboard the CP train! You pull out of the station with a VFT...you arrive with a huge collection.

Suzanne

... get out... while you still can... run! Run! RUN!

mphpfffff

*strangled by a nepenthes tendril*

Just an update...

Finally got my 1st Nepenthes.
biggrin.gif
Still high bidder on a Nepenthes Gracilis with 1 day to go.

I made a web page with all my carnivorous plants with some nice pictures on it.

http://www.geocities.com/elgecko1989/plants.html

YaY!! u grow bonsaii, I love these trees, those Japanese Gardens are so pretty, even their gravel garden is pretty, I forgot what they were called, but IT SO PRETTY!

LoL, Zen gardens, I did a course on eastern religions, but i forgot what the word Zen was. I think it comes from the Buddhist religion, or was it the Hindu's, i can't remeber anything. I wonder what is the point of all these courses, when I keep forgetting, if anyone major in horticulture, pm me plz, I will be needing ur help to see if I should make that journey.

Hey,
    Elgecko.......i think its to late now...Tamlin, what if you grow your cp's outside?
tounge.gif
, now excuse me, while I go forlorn,
                         Kevin

Back