What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

live sphagnum moss...got it...used it...

H

hungry_trapper

I just got back from a wonderful weekend of whitewater rafting on the Ottawa River and bungee jumping
wow.gif
in Ottawa, Ontario and boy is my heart still pounding...at the resort I stayed at I noticed in amongst some pine trees there was canadian sphagnum moss growing in abundance...I couldn't believe it. Anyways, I asked the resort owners if they would mind me taking a bag full and the said that it was ok. Now that I have it, I've put a top dressing on all my VFT's and still have some left over. How can I grow somemore? How could I store it so it stays alive? Should I put it in the fridge? Has anyone ever tried to grow it? Any feedback would be great!!!

Place it on a pot of peatmoss and keep it wet and in the same amount of sunlight as you found it. I grow mine in my outside bog, it does not like to dry out. Keep it as thick as possible to help control the mostiure loss.

Back