What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

P. moranensis got stolen

i came hoem from school today and i grow some of my cps outdoors in the front see i see them very often . i looked at my pot with my p. moranensis and the plant in it was completley gone .its was a celan pull and i found some soil on the ground . i'm just wondering who could've done this . it could'nt have been a bird , squirrel or insect , because if it was then the pot would gotten tipped over and the other plants surrounding it must've have been distrubed as well and also the whole pot would've fallen down because it was at the very edge of my plant rack . i'm thinkings its my neighbors and i have had lots of trouble with them before and now . i wonder what i should do , i plan on setting up cameras as i am alls suspecting them for stealing the fruits off my moms guava tree and my aunt has witnesse it mnay times and had just told us . i've never had planst dissapearing before so i don't really know what to do . i don't feel really mad about it , it is easy to replace and i got a nep hybrid today that looks great so i'm ok but the fact that my neighbors did this out of their hatred really sickens me .

Do you want another. I have several young ones.

I know how you feel Goldtrap.. I detest stealing of any kind. Its too bad they dont chop off peoples hands for that here. Like the fruit off the tree, if you ask me, I will give you a huge bagfull, but if you just come up and pick off the tree Im likely to bean you in the head with a rock... lol Its a shame that people have no morals anymore. Hope you can replace your plants and settle your problems with your neighbors.

Good luck
Steve

if it was me i would kick some butt......
smile.gif

Sorry to hear that goldtrap. Who knows why people do things like that.  I guess they get a thrill out of stealing/destroying other people's stuff.  It's all inconsiderate people.  They only think about themselves.  Just like people who throw garage out of their cars.  Why can't they just wait until they get home to throw it away. No one else wants to look at their junk
mad.gif

-buckeye

Maybe it was eaten, by a squirrel.

I am more inclined to think it was a critter.. A person would have just taken the pot, and probably would have grabbed more than one.

Not to mention they would have to had known what a Ping was. There are not many neighbors that know CPs even exist!

My pots of VFTs were knocked over last night too..
sad.gif
I think it was the neighbors cat (Grrrrrr...).

SF

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Just like people who throw garage out of their cars.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Buckeye, that's some car you have if it can hold a garage!
wow.gif
wink.gif

Goldtrap, that stinks. I kinda think it was a critter myself. Why would someone a) steal only one of many or b) vandalize only one of many?
confused.gif
If they're trying to get under your skin, you'd think they'd destroy more....if you they're greedy, you'd think they'd steal more.

Sorry for the unfortunate event. I also agree with others that hypothesize a critter of some sort probably did it. If it does turn out to be your neighbors, just don't let them see you sweat over it. That's the only motivation for someone to do such a thing.

I would agree with the critter theory. I have had rabbits take entire plants larger than a ping. My offer still stands to replace your plant. Let me know if you want it.

I had people do in 12 bonsai once. They stole two out right and vandalized the other 10.

That's even worse Copper, since Bonsai take so long to grow.  Was there anything salvageable from the ruined plants?

SF

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I am more inclined to think it was a critter..  A person would have just taken the pot,  and probably would have grabbed more than one. [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Good point, it probably was some animal.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Buckeye, that's some car you have if it can hold a garage![/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

biggrin.gif
Yes, we'd have an even bigger problem if people were throwing garages in the ditch!  
wink.gif

-buckeye

thanks guys , the thiong about my neighbors is that i think there gang members because i've seened them and have seen what they have done . last night i had to sleep on the couch cuz there music was so loud and i wanted to call the cops but i did'nt know what the otucome was because i have called the police on them before anonmously and they just keep on doing what they want . thank you for the offer copper , thast very generous . lots of people are generous , just look at the forum with tamlins problems with his lights , tons of people have joined in and helped in many ways , send me a pm and i'll send you my adress if you don't already have it copper . i agree vftguy , if they asked sure , why not but if they just sneak up at night and take things then i will have to take an action , but already they already took off almost most of all teh fruit on the side of the tree nearest to the street . i don't know form sure right now wether it is a critter or a human , i'm very sure that if it was a critter it would've messed with everything else as well and the pot was at the very tip of my grow rack outside so the only way that a critter would take it if he would;ve kncoked it all on the ground . i'm still investigating to find any plants parts .

Go ahead and PM me with your address. I do not have it on file.

Thanks

i guess i was wrong , i saw a mocking bird drink out of the water tray of my pygmie sundew outside , the pot is right next to where my moranensis used to be so i'm sure . i guess it was'nt my neighbors but they can't be trusted . i'm going to have to give him a different source of water or making him somewhere else .

Growing plants inside reduces destruction or stealing.
smile.gif
(unless, maybe you have a cat or something and plants unprotected)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (droseradude @ Oct. 12 2003,07:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Growing plants inside reduces destruction or stealing.
smile.gif
 (unless, maybe you have a cat or something and plants unprotected)[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
i know but i prefer to grow my planst outdoors , indoor i barely have enough room nor light , i don't have any pets loose around my house either .

Back