What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to get rid of mole?

• Thread starter jeffsz28
  • Start date
a mole is making a mess in my mulch and upsetting the plants. whats the best way to get rid of him...

thanks

You could always leave some cat food by where the mole goes. Sooner or later a stray will come and get it.
tounge.gif

I remember when I was little I used to watch a cat play in a field, every once in a while, it would stick it's paw into the ground and actually pull up a mole. Really weird to see. I think they can actually hear them in the ground too.

Can you catch him and relocate him?? I hate to see a little creature killed when they are just living life as nature intended. But yeah I know they can be a problem. I've heard of a way but I ain't tellin' ya.
sad.gif

People place some moth balls or some sort of balls on the ground to keep away critters. Also you can try watering it out. Then again, you can always get a trap and then relocate the mole when he comes into the trap.

OK...I just can't resist the opportunity....  
rolleyes.gif
   Here is the famous mole joke...I think its cute.  
smile.gif

----------------

There was a mamma mole, a papa mole, and a baby mole. They lived in a hole outside of a farm house out in the country.

One bright and early summer morning, the papa mole reached his head out of the hole, sniffed and said, "Mmmmmmmmm, I smell sausage!"

The mama mole reached her head outside of the hole and exclaimed, 'Mmmmmmmmmm, I smell pancakes!'

The baby mole, anxious to get in on the delectable scents, tried to reach his head outside the hole but couldn't because of the two bigger moles blocking the way.

The baby mole grumbled, "The only thing I can smell is molasses."

tounge.gif

-----

Jeff...maybe you could try to lure them out with pancakes and sausage??  
biggrin.gif

I am ashamed
sad.gif
I tried not to laugh, but the picture it brought to mind was too much. I laughed
biggrin.gif

I have read that putting wads of dog or cat hair in the holes will make the moles leave, the "predator scent" drives them away..havent tried it myself though..

Scot

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">(Austin is about to meet The Mole for the first time. Irony is, The Mole has a mole on his face. And Austin can't stop mentioning it&#33
wink.gif

Austin: "So you're the..." (he spies a huge mole on Number Three's face) "...Mo. Mo."
Foxy: "Most. Most."
Austin: "Most."
Foxy: "Most excellent agent we've ever seen."
Austin: "Yes, most excellent agent we've ever seen. Thank you."
Number Three: "By the way I realise that I have a large mole on my face."
Austin: "Where? What? Where's that mole? I didn't see one."
Number Three: "I also realise the irony that I am myself, a Mole."
Austin: "No one would make that connection."
Basil: "Any way, well done old chap. Jolly good work."
Austin: "Yes, nice to mole you. Meet you. Nice to meet your mole. Don't say mole."
Foxy: "Stop."
Austin: "I said mole."
Foxy: "Stop."
Number Three: "Bye."
Austin: "Mole. Mole. MOLE!"
Basil: "Oh SHUT UP!"
Austin: "Moley Moley Moley Moley Moley!"[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

I was trying to look for the part where he says gucamoley, argh hard word to spell, but I got lazy =(

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">whats the best way to get rid of him...[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

The most fun way is to use those pest smoke bombs.  First you have to cover all the holes except one.  Then you light the smoke bomb and throw it in the hole, all while pretending to be Bill Murray in Caddyshack.  Next cover the hole with dirt and say "Au revoir gopher (mole)."  
biggrin.gif

-buckeye

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PlantAKiss @ Aug. 27 2003,06:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">OK...I just can't resist the opportunity....  
rolleyes.gif
   Here is the famous mole joke...I think its cute.  
smile.gif

----------------

There was a mamma mole, a papa mole, and a baby mole. They lived in a hole outside of a farm house out in the country.

One bright and early summer morning, the papa mole reached his head out of the hole, sniffed and said, "Mmmmmmmmm, I smell sausage!"

The mama mole reached her head outside of the hole and exclaimed, 'Mmmmmmmmmm, I smell pancakes!'

The baby mole, anxious to get in on the delectable scents, tried to reach his head outside the hole but couldn't because of the two bigger moles blocking the way.

The baby mole grumbled, "The only thing I can smell is molasses."

tounge.gif

-----

Jeff...maybe you could try to lure them out with pancakes and sausage??  
biggrin.gif
[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
ROTFLMAO , anyways , i barely know anything about moles but why don't you grab it by the tail ( do they have tails ) and make sure it does'nt bite you ( do they even have teeth or a mouth ) or scratch you ( do they try to defend themselves ) and get rid of it .

Back