What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have Created...

RamPuppy

well... as a couple of you know, I have been at war with my tank, and heat. Because the room my tank is in gets hot during the day and cools at night, I have been running in the mid 90's in the tank and mid to low 80's at night... which, is a little high of course...

So any how, this morning I woke up, came in and turned on the lights, went and got some breakfast and came back in to take a look at my babies... and what did my wondering eyes see?

A little weather system... yes folks... I have made fog. my tremendously high humidity level, combined with cooler air, and the heat put off by my lights, created a fog bank that rolled in and made my tank look like something out of gorillas in the mist...

twas VERY cool...
smile.gif

hehh.. I made fog... can't get over that...

Hi Ram,

be careful with the Gorillas! They might get very angry when fiddeling around with your plants.
smile.gif

Joachim

well, and gorillas that would fit in that tank, are now nepenthes food.

wow.gif
biggrin.gif
wow.gif

If your plants are devouring gorillas, I'm glad to hear they are doing better!
smile.gif

Pat

hehh... truthfully... they are in need of a good feeding...

there has been mass fungus gnat extinction (do to the proliferation of sundews about 2 months ago)

and the nepenthes really never get anyhting substantial (pasteurized crickets on the way!
smile.gif

RamPuppy generated a fog cloud... huh huh, huh huh huh.
biggrin.gif

your just a bad bad boy Dyflam... naughty!

I love it!
smile.gif

wow.gif
5--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Dyflam @ Oct. 07 2002,9
wow.gif
5)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">RamPuppy generated a fog cloud... huh huh, huh huh huh.
biggrin.gif
[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Dyflam...You offended the mallet! Run for your life!
wow.gif

wow.gif

wow.gif

The mallet doth not come down upon good american humor!
smile.gif

So now all you need is a, photo eye (sensor) with a beam across your tank, Tune it very sensitive, connect relay as a control for THE DEVICE.

THE DEVICE: QTY. 1. Repeating Low frequency coastal warning beacon... FOGHORN!!!!!!!

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif
ROFL  
biggrin.gif
The expression on everyones face at 3:OOam when that goes off.  he he he lol
biggrin.gif

I would be peeling my wife off the ceiling! hehh...

Well, the plants are seeming much happier now that I am taking good care of them again (went through a really tough time here for a while, it's over now!
smile.gif
) and the clouds of fog are an ever present thing in the tank it seems!

I get to create fog in my terrarium daily...cool isn't it?! But I can't make it by chance with the elements like you did Rampuppy!
smile.gif

LOL!

Well I can't say there is any skill involved here! I can tell you that I know that my conditions are NOT ideal, and that I really really need to add some fans to my lighting setup inorder to cool my system down (Fog is warm and cold air masses joining with enough humidity to form water droplets in the air) My tank is getting in the 90's on hot days... and it has recently come to my attention, that my tank looks one heck of a lot better during winter than spring...
sad.gif
smile.gif
so... I need to cool things down... one way is to take my current highlands experiment and just move it into the big 55, but I don't know if it will even make a dent in that big of an environment...
smile.gif

Fans will probably go in this week...

Back