What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

mushrooms on my palm tree

i recently check on the enviroment on my huge palm tree i have in my front yard , its covered in tillansias , ferns , cacti , tropical plants , etc . but recently when i checked closely i saw mushrooms growing . the first type i saw was an orange one that looks like a flat disc on a stick growing out of the plam at the bottom . then a white type grew but it died . then a tiny small browns ones grew . now there are alot of the types that looks like a puffed ip ping pong ball on a stalk . what should i do , it does'nt seem to be harming the palm tree and the mushrooms kinda look cool , i put some fungicide on them as well incase they take over .

ooops , i accidently did a typo , can a mod please dit the title and the description below it .

sorry have no answer - but how did you get the cacti to grown on the bark of the palm? what type of cacti? i know what type of mushrooms you are talking about - when they are ready to spread seeds they pop and dust stuff comes out like a mini smoke bomb. i would get rid off them all just to be safe.

I would consider the mushroom a parasite. I'd get rid of it. I might go so far as to apply an anti-fungal afterward.

Good luck,
Chris

i have many cacti growing on the ground around the palm tree but i do have some epiphyllums growing on te palm tree that seem to be happy . they don't really loke like the puff balls that shoot out spores and i already applyed a fungicide but that just made them grow faster and bigger .

can i see a picture of the cacti to see what they look like?? yeah i have never seen or heard of fungi growing on a palm tree- so that would be something to worry about. clean it off and apply something safe to the area where it was growing and see if it comes back.

nevermind i know what it looks like - i have seen it growing in the trees in flordia acouple times.

Back