What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Digital cameras

• Thread starter alandallas
  • Start date
I've looked at some outstanding photographs on this site lately and am wondering what kind of cameras you folks are using to get them. I looked at several brands and models today but could not get enough information about them. If I had a product to sell, I think I would learn something about that product so that I could sell it.

If any you have any suggestions on brand, model, etc., I would like to hear what your preferences are. I know I want 3 megapixels and macro capability. It looks like most of the other features are simular.
Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I use no digital camera at all .Mostly EOS Alan 2 ?(Eos 50e in Europe) with a Sigma EX 105mm/2,8 Makro and a tripod.

"The best" digital-camera would propably be a medium format body with digital pack (about 16.000.000 Pixels for ~ 25.000 US $)

Good consumer digital cameras are made by Nikon (good macro), Casio qv 4000 or HP 850.

Look at http://www.dpreview.com which I would highly recommend, if you want a lots of information about digital cameras.

Martin

dr_capensis07.jpg

Here's a good site for camera reviews:

Steve's Digicams

I use a Nikon Coolpix 4500, excellent for macro. I used to have a Coolpix 800, it was also an excellent camera.
smile.gif

I was looking at the Nikon 2500.  It is one of the more popular digital cameras out there.  It has really good Macro, and is an overall great camera.  The lense also swivels "into" the body (look at a picture, you'll understand).
Recently, they announced the 3500, which is the same as the 2500 but has a better resolution.  It is coming out Mid November, so I'm waiting for that....

Nikon 3500

Nikon 2500

---Lane

Thanks for the info everyone. I decided on an Olympus D-550 Zoom 3 megapixel camera. It has lots of features including macro and was reasonably priced. I'm still learning how to use the different settings but so far I've taken some very good shots (close-up and normal) and I can see this camera has very good potential.

Back