What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1000watts > 50x25cm greenhouse

hey is 1 2foot long light 1000watts for a 50x25 mini greenhouse enough for the plants?i planned to stick the light on top of the greenhouse...is that enough?will my plants get colouration?
thx

im putting in VFTs, cuttings, seeds , sarrs and sundews and maybe some neps around it to save light
smile.gif
because the foot long light is a little longer than the greenhouse

thx

I very much doubt that you are going to get 1000 watts in a 2 foot long light, esp. if it is a flourescent! Better re-check this figure.

oh its 14 watts...
so what should i get?
should i get a 1040 lumens ?
it 1000 lumens enough for 50x25 cm greenhousde??

I have found the best unit to be a 4 foot shoplight equipped with 1 40 watt plant grow bulb and one 40 watt cool white bulb about 6 inches from the top of the pots. This will give you enough light, and also room to expand. Depending where you are and what you want to grow, you may not require a terrarium for many CP, the collecting of which can be quite addicting. Light is the single greatest factor affecting CP health: its hard to give them too much light, and very easy to give them too little.

Back